From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Nuzyael 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

30 Nuzyael 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 30 Nuzyael 720

Post  Barak Daas Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 am

Barak stands in the bow ready to jump out as soon as the boat touches bottom to help drag it up the beach.

[OoC: Is there anyone from the thran close by? On the beach?]

Post by GM There are several locals that seem to be pre occupied with their own business, however, there is one man that appears to give your boat extra attention.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Kugald also stands ready to jump out of the boat as well.

“I guess in this case, doing nothing was the best course of action.”

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Time: Beginning of 4th watch

As you near the shoreline the man that is watching you begins to walk slowly towards the boat. With the warboat disappearing upstream your boat runs aground upon the pebbly beach. Barak and Kugald leap into the shallow water and steady the boat and with the help of the other members of the warband pull the boat out of the water far enough to ensure it will not drift off.

The man approaching is of average height and wears a pale blue woollen tunic and grey woollen leggings, a leather belt is attached around his waist a dagger is sheathed on his left hip and a hand axe is tucked into his belt near his left hip.

By the time the boat is out of the water the man is about 30' from you, turning your attention to him as he continues to approach he raises his right hand in greeting and calls out "Well met, seafarers! What business brings you to the thran of Sjornel"
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 am

Algared nods a greeting to the man and hops out of the boat moving to where Kugald was man handling their vessel inorder to free him to talk.

Last edited by Algared on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:02 am

[OoC: I am posting here - despite the fact that the GM will delete it because I know people will likely read it here.

Post by GM Will leave it here for a few days to make sure everyone gets a chance to read it.

Kerry: "I did make a post in the OOC forum to discuss what we should do. Neil then moved it to the IC forum"

I didn't see it. That is despite the fact that I logged in and scanned through the forum posts many times since it was posted. So apologies to Kerry, I didn't see your post. If I had seen it I would have commented there and would probably not have posted to the main thread until the discussion had finished.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 am

As the boat hits the shore, Borygg starts doing the usual things one does when bringing a boat ashore, such as bringing in the sail, stowing oars, gathering equipment, etc.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

GM wrote:By the time the boat is out of the water the man is about 30' from you, turning your attention to him as he continues to approach he raises his right hand in greeting and calls out "Well met, seafarers! What business brings you to the thran of Sjornel"

Jurri will turn to face the man and return his greeting, smiling and raising his right hand.

"Well met, friend! I am Jurri Redbeard, a skald from Vulenheim. These are my companions. Sadly, we carry word of the deaths of two great warriors in the fighting to the south. We were advised that the river is blocked at Froyaheim and that we should go overland. Can you tell us anything about the roads to Daaslund or any other news that might concern travelers in this difficult time?"

Jurri will have his lyre in his left hand. His weapons are in the boat, and he is accustomed to going lightly armed among total strangers.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 am

If there is anything obvious to tie the boat up on (wooden post, large boulder) Barak will make the boat secure, otherwise he'll coil the painter back up and throw it back in the boat. Either way he'll make his way back to the bows, with his back to the stranger, ready to push the boat back in to the river if necessary.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 am

"Greetings then, Jurri Redbeard and greetings to your companions" the man says, "I am Jorst" he approaches your boat and casts a questioning eye over the boats cargo (or lack thereof). A questioning look crosses his face but quickly fades.

"From Vulenhiem hey, so you are not an embassy from our King" the man says his voice trails off indicating his discouragement. "Fighting to the south, who has been fighting there? he adds

The man chuckles "the road to Daaslund. I can be of no help to you at all. I am but a longshoreman working the beach here" as he waves his left arm back behind him to indicate his working area. "It was good advice to quit the river, I am surprised you have made it this far, must be your priests good fortune with you" as he nods to Vidar "I know that if you continue to travel by river within 2 leagues or so you will end up right in the arms of the Dagen himself and he won't need to search for you!" the man adds.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

"Not an embassy from our king, I fear, though I would also carry these tidings to his hall if that is my fate. To the south, allies of the Storzar have struck a mighty blow against the Dagen. Many great deeds were done, and Sarajin's hall will be very full indeed. I think this battle is not yet done."

Jurri catches his glance at the boat. "Tell me, Jorst, is there any here in Sjornel who might know more of the way ahead? What of your valhakar?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 am

With a hint of suspicion in his voice Jorst cocks his head to the left slightly and says "Are you Daas men?"

"There may be someone in the thran that might have the information you seek, but there are a half dozen of the Dagen's men in the thranhold keeping watch." Jorst pauses for a moment then adds "our clan has suffered some losses during the fighting and my Valhakar has resigned his fate to serve the Dagen, lest the Dagen slaughter every man, women and child should he not"

"The closer you get to Froyaheim though, I would bet the more of the Dagen's men you are likely to encounter" Jorst looks over his shoulder nervously then adds "the Dagen is setting himself up as the new Jarl from what I hear"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:31 am

Jurri simply smiles when asked if we are Daas men.

Glancing around at the others, he gives them a questioning look, but still speaks so Jorst can hear him.
"Well, it seems our road will not be easy. It seems only the Dagen's men can travel freely here. I think we should avoid causing these good folk any harm by our presence." He'll absently motion towards the west. "We might not be able to get far without being followed, though. What say you all?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Kugald steps forward and extends his hand, "My name is Kugald Petrsen, friend and companion of our good skald here. As Jurri has said, we are heading back to Vulenheim. However, we have a bit of a problem. You see, we borrowed this boat in Lihea. Unfortunately, we have no means of getting it back. I would hate to see an honest fisherman lose his livelihood. I'm sure you understand."

"A fisherman makes about 2d a day. It wouldn't take more than a week to sail this boat back to Lihea and return home. Do you think you could do that for us? Say a week's wages for you and two friends to sail this boat, plus another boat to go with you to bring you back, plus a fee...6d say...to take care of the boat for a couple of days...oh and a fee for the owner in Lihea....hmmm, 10d sounds fair. In total, I think 100d would be an HONEST price [OOC: I realize this is about 2.5 months wages for a longshoreman, that is the point.]. You could take care of that for us, couldn't you? It would be the honourable thing to do."

He reaches for his purse, and then pauses for a moment, "I would have to have your word that you would do this for us, and not say a word to anyone about who you saw and where we went. You understand don't you? Being messengers, discretion is important. If you will promise me this, on your lyarl, we have a deal. And if anyone asks, you found this boat floating downstream...having come loose by accident."

Kugald looks Jorst right in the eye and extends his hand again, "Do we have a deal, my friend."

TTYL

- Kerry

[OOC: Note, Kugald does not show how much money he has or open his purse.]
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:53 am

As Jurri turns to speak algared listens then adds "Aye, Jurri we dont want to bring further hardship to these good folk." Scanning the horizon Algared seaches for a tree line before giving the thranhold a brief look over for signs of movement from the Dagen's garrison coming to investigate. Algared busies himself with the boat letting his gaze turn to the river where the warboat now out of sight has hopefully continued on it way and doesn't turn back due to suspicions raised by the two who watxched their boat as they passed by.

Post by GM The warboat has all but disappeared further upstream. The two men seemed content with your boat and went back to their business once they were past. The crewman can no longer be distinguished aboard the warboat any longer as it continues to head south along the river.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

Jorst nods his head in greetings to Kugald.

"You are indeed in a situation, but do not impress upon my honour for it was not me that 'took' the boat without permission" Jorst seems offended at your inflection that he must act honourably while you seem to flout yours.

"Aye, it is a grand sum of money you offer" Jorst says "and I know of some one that would be able to return the boat" and Jorst is almost about to take Kugald's hand when he hesitates for a moment "I think that if a deal is to good to be true it probably is! If the boat was returned, how would be able to convince anyone we had nothing to do with the boats disappearance yet magically know where to return it."

"No, Kugald I cannot take your offer for fear that your boat might be more trouble than it is worth"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:45 am

On hearing Kugald's and Jorst's words, Barak says: "Well I guess it is time to be off. We'll just have to return the boat ourselves..." and starts to climb back in to the boat.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

"My apologies if I have offended you in. No hard feelings. We will have to find some other way to deal with our problem."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Barak quietly states to those in the boat: "Let's head up river until we are out of sight of the thran. If we're lucky Jorst won't raise the alarm." I a louder tone he says "Do you want me to handle the sail?" and as a quite aside he says to Borygg "I've done it before, but you wouldn't believe I've had any sailing experience when I am kept on other tasks all the time." He finishes by saying to Kugald "We won't need to tack the wind is blowing to the south."

Barak start to prepare the sail for hoisting.

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Amended speech to reflect Barak cannot reply to Kugald's conversation (now deleted by GM) and the fact the boat is still near the shore and Jorst can overhear anything said too loudly.)
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm

"It is true you cannot take the coin and it was indeed an ill thought gesture to ask you and yours to put yourself at such risk. Could I propose another hopefully more honourable solution. show us to the woods. Later report to your Valhaker that we imposed upon you and abandoned the vessel which was taken from upriver. Jurri has need to carry word to Our king and tell not only the news his already has but the plight or our people in Storzarlund the river is it seems far more dangerous. I know what we ask is perilous for you and so we would pay you the same sum Kuglad offered." Algared speaks quickly.. then stops, "No I suppose we have made out cot and must live with what we are dealt what I ask is more perilous for you and you kin." with that Algared moves towards the boat and hopes the lure of silver and request will be more acceptable.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:56 pm

GM wrote:"There may be someone in the thran that might have the information you seek, but there are a half dozen of the Dagen's men in the thranhold keeping watch." Jorst pauses for a moment then adds "our clan has suffered some losses during the fighting and my Valhakar has resigned his fate to serve the Dagen, lest the Dagen slaughter every man, women and child should he not"

"We do not wish to bring any harm to your thran. If there are any who might aid us with news or be willing to trade for food or things that would aid our mission, please meet us in the hills out of sight of your garrison (nods in the direction of the hills closest to the thran). We will find another way to reach Vulenheim."

Jurri extends a hand to him in parting and wishes him and his kin prosperity and good health. He'll then turn and move back to the boat, preparing to depart after their brief landing.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:55 pm

What accent does Jorst have?

Post by GM His accent is very similiar to yours.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 am

Before you are able to get back aboard the boat and launch it back out into the river, Jorst takes several paces away from your warband and you notice a sinister look come across his face.

"How about I take that beltpouch of yours Kugald and in return I will not call the guard out on you!"

Scanning the surrounding area quickly you can see that you are about thirty yards from the nearest building and there are two men you can see near the shoreline tending to their own business, but you have seen them cast the occassional glance in your direction (nothing threatening just curiosity) and there are another four or five people that can be seen moving about the thran at the moment.

None seem to be focusing their attentions towards you.

I have amended Kugald's last post
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:47 am

I've ammended my earlier post
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 am

OOC: I am operating under the assumption that Kugald is still standing on the beach and has not got in the boat yet.

"You said that I was impressing upon your honour by offering to pay you an honest wage to return the boat for us. Yet, barely a breath later, you seek to extort money in return for not turning us over to our sworn enemy, the Ibanvaalese. It seems you have a peculiar sense of honour."

"There has been plenty of killing lately, mostly Ibanvaalese killing Menglanan. I don't think there is any call for Menglanan to turn on Menglanan. We have enough enemies. Let us part as friends."

He pauses.

"We are six, you are one. I am not going to give you my full purse without a fight. You might get a call off to the thran, but you wouldn't live to reap your turncoat's reward from the Ibanvaalese."

"As I see it Jorst, we have three options here."

"I give you nothing. You call for the guard now, I pull out my dagger and kill you. I don't want that."

"I give you nothing. We get in the boat and start to sail away, and then you call the guard. At which point, my friends here," nodding towards Barak and Borygg, "pull out their bows and kill you. They don't want that."

"Or," Kugald reaches in his pouch and brings out a dozen coins, "you take this 'gift' and we all part as friends. I think that would be best for everyone."

"No matter what has happened, the Dagen is not yet Jarl...you don't need to do his bidding quite yet."

Kugald extends his right hand with 12 silver pennies in it. He keeps his left hand well away from his dagger.

"Shall we part as friends?"

Although he doesn't take any action to give himself away, Kugald is mentally prepared to throw a sucker punch with his left hand if Jorst tries something.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 am

Jorst tilts his head slightly to the right as he ponders this turn of events "I do not think you are who you say you are, but you are right things are not exactly in my favour"

Jorst then warily takes a step forward and nodding his head says "Deal, I will take the coins you offer and you will leave"

He warily takes another step forward offering his open left hand to Kugald...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next