From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 Peonu 720

+6
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
Bjarni Daasen
Kugald Daas
Algared
GM
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

19 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 19 Peonu 720

Post  GM Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:09 am

Time: Beginning 5th watch

With the warband finished eating they sit by the hearth fire drying and warming themselves while sharing an ale or two with each other. With the introductions finished with new traveller Sigrun arrives at the 'Warboat'.

A look of concern is on her face as she joins the group. Without saying a word she quickly takes a seat and orders an ale.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 am

Meanwhile, back at the Farvie.

<chhrrrpp> <chhrrrpp>
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Meanwhile, back at the Farvie.

<chhrrrpp> <chhrrrpp>

(ooc:I sure hope those were crickets. The alternatives are frightening, especially if Bjarni sampled the lutefisk.)

Jurri will give Sigrun a curious (and somewhat concerned) look. "Welcome back, Sigrun. Is all well enough?"
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am

After his second pint (and hence before Eijryk's round arrives) Barak will take his leave from the party in the inn and go back to the Farvie for the night.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 pm

"Is everything alright Sigrun? You seem concerned."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Eijryk wishes Barak a good night's sleep when he rises to go out.

When Sigrun approaches the table, Eijryk is about to rise up and introduce himself to the pilot, but decides to wait when he sees her concerned face and hear the others question her about it. Instead he remains silent and drinks his ale.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm

While they've been chatting with Eijryk (but before Sigrun gets there), Borygg will say "Your clan is large, Eijryk. I knew some of them from the temple in Froyaheim and carried greetings from them to their clansmen in Ygesdram. Bjarri Orbaason, the priest of the temple in Ygesdram, has been very kind to me. In fact, I have been sheltering under his roof and enjoying the hospitality of his hearth since I arrived there. Do you know any of your Ygesdram kin?
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:28 am

Eijryk turns to Borygg "I know Bjarri only by name as well. He too is of the Froyaheim branch and I have never been either there or in Ygesdram before. I will pay him a visit whe we arrive, and since you know him better than me you might even introduce me to him."
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm

During the discussion with Eijryk, Zeuol was quietly inking some notes into his journal. However, he kept close attention on the discussion about joining the crew.

When formal introductions took place, the scribe finally spoke up and said, "And I am Zeuol of clan Djaon. If the quill did not given it away, I'm something of a scribe I suppose. Well met, glad to have another learned man aboard, Eijryk."

Zeuol reaches out to clasp the physician's arm in greeting.
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Eijryk greets Zeuol warmly. "A scribe!", he says surprised but with a smile. "You are certainly a strange collection of sailors. I feel like a fit perfectly already", he laughs.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 am

Sigrun slows looks up from her drink and says, "My friend, the old harbor master, is dying. Decades at sea, and he'll end up dying in his bed." She pauses, "I can't decide if that's dishonorable or comforting."

Sigrun eyes the stranger, seems about to speak, pauses as she notices his clothing, looks a bit puzzled, and then says haltingly, "Rydych gan Melderyn?"

Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Eijryk looks up a little surprised at Sigrun when she speaks to him in the foreign language, but he smiles at her. Then he answers her in the same language.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Sigurn's words seem to spur Zeuol to respond, not in Harnic but in Ivinian, "I spent some time there."
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Returning to a tongue that all at the table know...

"I see." She shrugs, "Always good to be polite and try to speak with someone in what you think may be their native tongue. I wish I had been able to spend more time in Cherafir. It's beautiful, but my travels have tended to take me further south."

Sigrun turns to Zeuol, says, "Our group seems to have traveled a bit, eh?" and nearly smiles.

"So Kugald, are you picking up drinking companions?"
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:32 am

Kugald laughs. "I don't need to pick new ones, they pick me!"

"Sigrun, this is Eljryk. Eljryk, this is Sigrun, our pilot. Eljryk is a physician and has asked to travel to Ygesdram with us. He is the brother of a friend of Jurri's, and with such stellar credentials, how could I turn him away!" He smiles and lifts an ale to toast his new, non-paying, passenger.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:11 pm

"I never got to visit Cherafir but I met many merchants from there and they told me of it's beauty. And then those mystics they have there, Shek-Pvar I think they are called. Only met one that I know of and she was nice, but I must admit some of the things they are said be able to do sounds a bit creepy.", he says, now in Ivinian.

He lifts his ale and toasts with Kugald and the others. "To a good journey!", he proposes.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Time: End 5th watch

The crew remaining aboard the boat spend the afternoon watching the merchants finalise their days trading and then pack their stores and stalls up and then several groups remain behind in conversation. One group of merchants seem to have a heated discussion, with raised voices they argue for some time and from the snippets of the overheard yelling and arguing the problem seems to be someone being in breach of the hirdmaan rules and they are being threatened to pay compensation or go before the hirdmaan. It does seem that from the conversation the offending merchant wants it to go before the Hirdmaan to be heard.

The spectacle seems to draw a crowd for a while before dispersing once the argument finishes. But with the gathering darkness the crowd slowly disperses leaving the market once again an empty square.

Algared and Bjarni spend the evening feasting on dried pork, cheese, bread and assorted dried fruits. With darkness approaching Bjarni checks a lantern to ensure that it is fuelled, lighting the wick the lantern lights the small boat.

A few passers by make their way through the market square as they go about their business. Several patrols are seen as they wander through the thran keeping a vigil over the local inhabitants.

With the meal complete the two lay back and make light conversation until in the darkness the cold forces them to prepare their sleeping gear and soon they lie under their blankets. In the darkness you gather it is time the meadhall has closed as you can hear the patrons leaving the hall some appear to have had a little too much to drink during the evening. Their raucous behaviour disturbing both Algared and Bjarni as they lay peacefully under their blankets.

The rest of the warband remaining in the meadhall whiling away the time sharing several ales and conversation during the night. Soon the owner of the hall rings a small bell hanging from a door frame shouting "No more drinks, comrades! Drink up! Time to leave!" he urges the patrons.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:25 am

Eijryk says goodnight to the rest of the party and asks when we are leaving tomorrow morning, before leaving the meadhall. He will be there well in time before departure.

He then goes home to his family's house, packs the things he needs to bring and sleep a couple of hours before going down to the harbour in the early morning.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:04 am

Time: End 6th watch

With Eijryk's depature the rest of the warband organise their accomodation within the meadhall for the night. With the meadhall emptying of patrons the servants quicken their depature by starting to pack up benches, tables and stools.

The warband are offered blankets and hides for the night and they quickly find a suitable place to rest for the night. Sitting up the warband chat for a while as the hall quickly winds down from the nights trading and soon the hall falls into silence as the staff quit for the night. The only light is the glow of the embers from the hearth fire and the small flicks of flame from the remaining timber as it burns down during the night.

Eijryk returns to his clanhouse and spends his remaining night amongst his family. After a little conversation Eijryk excuses himself from the company stating that he has an early start on the morrow and retires for the night. He tosses and turns for most of the night as the excitement of his coming journey prevents him from sleeping well.

Aboard the 'farvie' Algared and Bjarni curl up amid the stowage aboard the boat and with the light from the stars above to light their night they too rest as comfortably as possible with the lapping of the water against the boats hull and the gentle rocking of the boat from the oceans ebb and flow.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3