30 Peonu 720

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 am

Barak has stopped calling - he realises it is futile and impairing his concentration. He is frustrated that his opponent is still standing. However, he concentrates on blocks and thrusts attempting to win through in the end.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 am

Algared noticing that his attackers are trying to push him away from the cliff face and force path enabling thier fellows easier passage throught the pourous line Algared tries hold the ground if his can he continues to concentrate on defence and hopes his companions are faring better than him. "They must be, doing better than me," Algared thinks to himself they are better skilled than I in combat. Now fighting two foe he ceases calling lest he became distracted and worse yet find he faces a third warrior.

Knowing if the Ibanvaal line break through on the right where they are currently hemmed in by the cliff they will be able to encirlce the Daas band. He considers the Ibanvaal call for a truce inorder to allow the proper worship of Sarajin at the coming Ilbengaad festival, and the deception and lies the Daagan has shown with this attack which seems to dishonour Sarajin and marr the holy festival of Iblbangaad in Algared's thinking. He consider calling upon Sarajin but decides to call upon Bronwyn, "Lady Brownwyn, the Ibanvval invaders against Menglana make wars upon us and attack after arranging for a truce so the faithful could honour our Lord Sarajin during the feast of Ilbangaad. If they are successful today His name will be dishonoured. Therefore, protect the Daas and all who fight to defend Ygesdram, guide our swords and spears and help us to vanquish our foes who dishonour Sarajin with an attack after a truce was agreed to for the coming feast." Algared imagines many on the field who are dying or maimed crying out to their God or his Valkries now and wonders if his own call will be heard but hopes that as he has always tried to follow the Ljarl and honour Sarajin, that his silent cry is both worthy and finds favor.

He will add all his piety to the request (though I doubt he knows what that is really).


Last edited by Algared on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 am

"We need more of that Great Lord, King of the Icy Wind.", Eijryk says loudly as he struggles to push the dead Ibanvaaler to the side and then rise to his feet again. He realizes it is easier to pick up his fallen enemy's spear rather than pulling out his own from the lifeless body.

When he is standing up and armed again he backs off a couple of steps to overlook the situation. He tries to find Bjarni, Algared or Borygg in the mayhem of fighting to see which one of them could use his assistance most. If there is time he also casts a quick glance up at the cliff to see if he can see Sigrun there.
"Lord Sarajin surely you must know who deserves the win today. Show it to me." He prays before entering the battle again. (See above where he thinks it is most needed. Alternatively he moves in to help the nearest Daas warrior if he can't see any of his friends.)


Last edited by Eijryk Orbaason on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added an alternative if he can't see Algared, Bjarni or Borygg nearby.)
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Bjorn stands growling over his fallen opponent but a moment to make sure he is no longer a threat, then turns to locate his friends and commrades. The sounds of battle are thick all around him, filling his ears with battle cries and the moaning of the wounded. He does his best to filter it all out, searching for Meldun. Unless one of his other friends are in dire need, he will first attempt to help the priest, charging his attackers and striking at them from behind with his battleaxe.
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 am

Meldun readies his spear and takes a step back, giving ground to the large man bearing down on him. He looks around for anything that can give him a tactical advantage against his foe while preparing to defend himself.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 am

Bryndis will continue blocking the injured opponent and attacking the non-injured opponent.
If she can do so without jeapordizing herself, she'll start moving towards Meldun.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 am

Borygg tries to stay back-to-back with the Batheson lad. He'll try to take out the spearman first but will take advantage of any opportunity he gets with the axeman as well.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 53
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:39 am

The line of battle seems to be shrinking as it draws intowards the meadow and the cliff face. The number of casualties is beginning to mount on both sides. The Ibanvaal warriors continue to push forward where possible but each drive is met with stiff Daas resistance and little gain is made with each effort. From within the ranks of the Ibanvaal host a horn sounds, its call resounding through the thran and beyond into the valley.

Algared continues to do battle against the two Ibanvaal warriors, the first Ibanvaaler, the stain of blood growing on his chest, makes several thrusts against Algared, but he is able to turn each blow away with his shield, Algared launches several strikes of his own but none find the mark either finding nothing but air or blocked by his opponent. Algareds second opponent then launches several strikes against him and one finds its way through Algared's defences. A painful sting is felt on Algared's right shoulder as the berserkers blade once again finds it mark. The wound is painful but there it does seem to have hindered any movement in the arm.

Barak continues to battle against this determined warrior, the two evenly matched opponents are unable to find a way through each othes defences as each strike is met with a shield block or the blow simply finds nothing but air when it arrives. Baraks opponent is shifting his position though and trying to move towards the centre of the line closer to his remaining comrades. Barak is joined by another Daas warrior who moves against Barak opposition.

Bjarni fear now starting to drive his actions reaches out and grabs the shaft of his opponents spear trying to restrain the weapon, meanwhile he steps forward and unleashes several blows against his opponent each blow lands squarely upon the Ibanvaalers shield. After several blow the shield looks to be taking some damage. Finally though the Ibanvaaler is able to free his spear from Bjarni's grasp.

Bjorn watches the collapsed man for a quick moment, realising that he is not likely to pose a threat he looks about in search of Meldun. Finding him about to do battle with the Ibanvaal giant. Bjorn charges the giant, the huge man hunkers down behind his shield when he sees Bjorn approaching and the trappers axe strikes hard agains the mans shield. The blow reverberating back through the axe handle and into Bjorn wrist.

Borygg turning his attention to one of the Ibanvaal spearmen, thrusting his spear at his opponent the spear point is turned back by the Ibanvaalers shield. The Ibanvaaler strikes back at Borygg, the attack is blocked and in the process there is a lound crack as the Ibanvaalers spear shaft shatters with the blow. The second Ibanvaaler follows up with an attack of his own, swinging his axe in a wide arc the blow lands squarely on Borygg's shield, the blow rocks Borygg back as the shield rim takes the brunt of the blow and buckles from the force upon it. The Batheson continues to hold his ground against the other Ibanvaal attacker. Borygg is joined by 3 other Daas warriors one of which is Eijryk to reinforce him and the Batheson lad.

Bryn fends off the blows from her attackers but is unable to land a blow in return.

Eijryk scans the battle for a moment and notices that Borygg is nearby and he and another Daas warrior are doing battle with three Ibanvaalers, not being able to identify anyone else, Eijryk moves quickly to engage the Ibanvaalers attacking Borygg.

Meldun steadies himself for the coming fight, the giant Ibanvaaler moves forward, Meldun readies his spear in anticipation. The Ibanvaaler takes several strides towards the priest and launches his attack, he blocks the priests spear thrusts with his shield and delivers a blow of his own in return his spear lands hard on the priests shield but the blow rocks the priest, Bjorn then appears from out of the general melee to join the fight.

Sigrun readies a second arrow to fire at the advancing Ibanvaaler, the arrows flies towards its target but strikes the ground several feet behind the intended target.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 am

Algared winces in pain from his wound and tries not to let the horn blast distract him. He hopes the horn's blast is the signal for the host to retreat to thier boats, having achieved their objectives of destroying the Daas supplies, allowing the Daas to cut them down, rather than it being a signal for a flanking attack from the east from the warriors that had been rumoured to be hiding in the woods.

Algared will focus any attacks he makes against the wounded warrior he fights hoping that his injury makes him less able to defend himself and so provide the chance for a him to at least down one of his attackers, despite his resolve to focus any attacks he makes upon the wounded warrior Algared still maintains he defensive posture.


Last edited by Algared on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

Barak wishes his opponent would make a mistake, but he fights on determined not to make a mistake himself. Now that he has an ally he dosn't expect his enemy to last for long.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 pm

If the warrior advancing toward Sigrun is still making his way through the melee, Sigrun will ignore him until he's made it around the cliff and starts to actually climb the hill. In the meantime, she'll scan around again, making sure the horn wasn't a signal for reinforcements from the river or to the east.

If the warrior has started up the hill, then she'll keep firing at him until he's actually closing. Then Sigrun will have to decide where to run.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Meldun breaths a sigh of relieve when Bjorn engages with him and the large man. With his attention now split between the two, Meldun speaks quickly, "Your horn sounds, your people are falling. Drop your weapons and become a thrall. You are a great warrior, and I'm sure your ransom will be paid."

While talking, Meldun will take small steps to position himself flanking with Bjorn. Meldun waits a moment for his words to sink in, while steading his footing, and reading his spear and shield for an attack if the bear doesn't accept, also noting where his axe lays in relation to their positioning.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Eijryk moves in against the Ibanvaaler attacking Borygg with an axe. "Hey! I'm free! Look at me instead!" he shouts at the enemy.

He thrusts his spear against his new opponent aiming high this time.

(OOC: I will be away over the weekend with no internet access. Eijryk will keep fighting close to Borygg. If the fighting ends he will immediately help with the work to take care of wounded Daas soldiers, unless he is too seriously wounded himself of course.)
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 am

Bjorn nods his head in agreement as Meldun speaks, a low growl escaping his throat. Then lifts his battleaxe, preparing to strike if the large man makes any threatening action.
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:09 am

Holding her own is fine, but Bryndis needs to make some headway against these two brigands. Thinking perhaps she'll fair better against one opponent, she'll throw a bit of caution to the wind.

Dodging around the injured opponent, she'll use him as a block against his companion. Then she'll strike and counterstrike against the injured man, hoping to take him out.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:39 am

Even though the Ilbanvaaler has pulled his spear free of Bjarni's grasp, Bjarni will continue to press the attack and force him backwards. With any luck he will trip over a corpse. Whatever happens Bjarni will not let him get into decent thrusting range with his spear. With his left hand he will draw his large skinning knife and try to slip it into the foeman's belly while he blocks the next attack from the haakapik.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 am

The Ibanvaal warriors turn their heads in the direction of the horn, there is a noticable change in their behaviour as they seem to be trying to break off towards the east. Several warriors turn and run, some a struck down as they attempt to retire. But some make good thier escape and are able to elude their attackers.

Algared still engaged against two opponents launches his attack against the wounded warrior his spear finds its mark as it pushes past the Ibanvaalers defence. The spear cuts into the mans stomach, the blow does not to be to serious but the wince of pain on the Ibanvaalers face indicates that the spear has done its work. The wounded Ibanvaaler in return launches a strike of his own but Algared is able to turn each blow away with his shield. Algared's second attacker steps back and then breaks to east he joins a group of two other warriors and is has put some distance between him and any Daas warrior.

Barak tries to keep the Ibanvaaler between himself and his new found companion (as it turns out it is Madrin's younger brother Raanar) with Raanar behind the Ibanvaaler he is the first to strike a blow but the Ibanvaaler is able to turn the blow away with his shield, Barak seeing that the Ibanvaaler is now occupied by Raanar follows up with an attack of his own. Barak's attacks are likewise turned away by the warriors shield. The Ibanvaaler in turn does not attack but instead begins to backstep towards the each, maintaining his guard against the two Daas warriors.

Bjarni draws his knife from his belt, meanwhile, the Ibanvaaler drops his spear and draws his handaxe from his belt. The Ibanvaaler attempts to push Bjarni away with his shield, the blow lands squarely against Bjarni's chest but the blow does little against the huge man. The two men remain grappled with each other as they both fight for their lives.

Bjorn now teamed up with Meldun against the huge Ibanvaal warrior is the first to launch his attack against the enemy warrior, swinging his axe with both hands he steps forward as his axe cuts an arc through the air, there is sudden resistance as the axe finds its target. Bjorn's axe cuts through the warriors right forearm, the Ibanvaaler in turn launches his attack against the trapper. The spear point finds it mark as it pierces the trappers leggings adn pushes into the his left calf, Bjorn is able to remain on his feet but the wound is painful.

Borygg strikes at the spearmen but the Ibanvaaler is able to turn the blow away with his shield, then while the berserker keeps Borygg engaged the spearmen breaks away from the fight and quickly puts distance between himself and Borygg. Several of the Daas warriors attempt to stop the warrior from fleeing but the berserker does his job well and he engages each Daas warrior, this act of valour proves the berserks down fall though as several Daas men are able to find a way though his defences and their blows land opening several wounds on the Ibanvaal warrior. The berserk remains standing but he is now badly wounded.

Bryndis swings about to her left and strikes at the wounded Ibanvaal warrior. Her sword cuts through the air but the blow lands squarely on the warriors shield, the blow looked awkward but Bryn's sword looks to have survived the blow unscathed. The Ibanvaaler then lunges forward with his spear at the same time that Bryn once again strikes at the Ibanvaal spearmen. The spear point catches Bryn in the left hip and although the wound is painful there seems little damage and the wound naught but a minor one, however, her sword cuts through the flesh of her opponents throat and the warrior collapses to the ground. The second warrior taking the opportunity breaks to the east trying to put as much distance between himself and his Daas opponents.

Eijryk attacks the berserk warrior engaged against Borygg but his spear is dodged by the berserk warrior. The berserker seems intent on destroying anyone who attacks him but his return blow on Eijrky is blocked by the physicians shield.

"Your horn sounds, your people are falling. Drop your weapons and become a thrall. You are a great warrior, and I'm sure your ransom will be paid." calls Meldun. The warrior says "and the more I shall be worth when I take and your pissant friend with me" following up with a menacing smile. Meldun waits until Bjorn has attacked the Ibanvaal warrior before thrusting at the huge man with his spear, the spear point bites into the Ibanvaalers left hip, the wound looks only minor and the Ibanvaaler remains standing, the Ibanvaaler is likewise successful in his counterattack as his spear point bites into Meldun's stomach. The wound is only minor but it forces Meldun to give ground several steps.

Sigrun drops her bow and scans the countryside to the east, there is still nothing to be seen in the distance that would indicate a second enemy force approaching. Turning her attentions back to the fight, her target has merged with a group of several other warriors moving towards the east.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 am

Her first opponent dropping and her second fleeing, Bryndis will turn towards Meldun's opponent.
She'll draw his attention away from Meldun with a feint to the left, and counterstrike to the right and low.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Algared on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 am

Algared continues to fight with the wounded warrior, unless he surrenders. Calling out to the Daas warriors standing who have had their foes successfully disengage, Algared yells, "Cut down any who continue to fight, unless they surrender immediately."

He personally wants to kill them all for the treachery they have shown. He had said they'd attack, he warned of an attack on the river initally and was told that the Daas controlled the river. He had also voiced his concerns two nights ago in his report regarding the eastern approaches and the threat, which was why the fishermen avoided the east.

"Guess we'll be going hunting in the woods now" he thinks to himself.


Last edited by Algared on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

As they face each other Bjarni will look over the Ilbanvaaler's shoulder and say "Nay, leave him, stay your hand". Hopefully the man will hesitate or glance over his shoulder at the expected stab in the back coming his way. If he falls for it, Bjarni will step forward and try to gut him.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Given that Barak and his opponent are fighting in a fenced compound, then there is a reasonable chance that his opponent will step back in to an obstacle (fence, soft ground dug for vegetables, pig pen, building, etc) if so Barak will see this in advance and take maximum advantage of it. Otherwise Barak follows up the warriors retreat. He wants this man down, so to add a bit of change in to the mix he'll go for a double strike - spear attack and throw his strength behind a shield boss thrust. Even if his attack doesn't do the job, hopefully it will open the opponent's defenses to Raanar's attack.

[OoC: NB: Barak is ambidextrous]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:38 pm

If Sigrun can figure out who sounded the horn, and he is not amongst friends, she'll shoot at him. If not, she'll back up to the tree and watch, ready with her bow.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Bjorn will attempt to ignore the wound in his leg, and hold his attack against the large foe for but a moment, waiting for an opening to present itself now that he faces three attackers. Once he sees an opening, he will strike with all his might.
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:47 am

Seeing many of the invaders running toward the East after the horn sounded, and that Bryndis is approaching from the North-West, Meldun will begin to position himself to cut off a possible retreat.

"The Gray Slayer has seen it fit that you will not make it back to your people this day. You can tell by my accent that I am not of this land. I, however, serve the King of the Icy Winds. If you hold the Ljarl to your heart, you know that what I say, I must follow. Lay down your arms and surrender, and I will ensure you no more harm this battle, and will tend to your wounds. Continue, and your hope lies that your spirit know's it's way to Talagaad."

Meldun holds his spear at the ready, awaiting the decision of the invader.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  GM on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:58 am

Where possible the Ibanvaal invaders are trying to make good their escape towards the east and safety.

Algared calling out to the Daas warriors "Cut down any who continue to fight, unless they surrender immediately." then turning his attentions to the wounded Ibanvaaler thrusts savagely with his spear. The warrior seemingly accepting his fate counterattacks at the same time. As Algared's spear bites into the Ibanvaaler's left thigh, the Ibavaalers spear likewise cuts into Algareds right calf, the wound stings painfully but does dull the pain of his shoulder. Algared is able to keep on his feet and the wound seems only minor. A trickle of blood now begins to stream from the wound.

The second Ibanvaaler takes the opportunity now that Algared is engaged steps back from the fight and turns and heads east to join his comrades.

The Ibanvaal warrior tracks as best he can towards the east, while battling Barak and his new companion. Barak is unable to land a blow on the Ibanvaaler as he is able to fend off each attack with his shield. Barak's companion likewise is unable to strike his target as each blow is blocked by the defenders shield. The Ibanvaaler realising that he is matched by Barak skill turns his attention to Raanar, thrusting his spear towards the Daas warrior the blow lands striking the warrior in the belly the spear bites deeply into Raanar's belly, the Daas warrior stumbles several steps but keeps his feet despite the serious blow.

Bjarni still grappling with his opponent calls "Nay, leave him, stay your hand" hoping to distract the warrior while thrusting his dagger at the Ibanvaal warrior, the blade bites deeply into the mans belly, it seems the feint does little to distract the Ibanvaaler and Bjarni is not able to savour the victory as the Ibanvaaler's axe lands a blow, the blade cutting into Bjarni's left knee. The huge warrior collapses to the ground unconcious.

Bjorn now battling against the huge Ibanvaal warrior waits for his opportunity and then seizes the moment, Bjorn's axe strikes against the Ibanvaalers shield, the shield splinters from the blow and the Ibanvaaler casts the shards to the ground.

Borygg now joined by several other Daas men do battle against surrounded berserk warrior, first a Daas warrior launches his attack thrusting with his spear at the Ibanvaaler, the berserker lauches an attack of own on the advancing Daas, both weapons find their mark and the Daas warrior stumbles several steps before collapsing to the ground, the berserker on the other hand stays standing and looks ready to continue the fight, a second warrior steps into the fray but unlike his companion he is not able to land a blow, while the berserker is able to cut the Daas' right arm, the Daas warrior steps back several steps from the blow.

Borygg now attacks against the tiring Ibanvaaler, Borygg blocks a swinging axe blow while driving his spear deep into the Ibanvaalers belly. The berserk collapses to the ground finally succombing to his wounds.

Bryn turns and closes the distance towards Meldun and his ongoing battle with the huge Ibanvaaler.

Eijryk watches the struggle between the Daas warriors and the berserk Ibanvaal, he is not able to intervene before the Ibanvaaler collapses from a spear strike delivered by Borygg.

Meldun says to the Ibanvaaler "The Gray Slayer has seen it fit that you will not make it back to your people this day. You can tell by my accent that I am not of this land. I, however, serve the King of the Icy Winds. If you hold the Ljarl to your heart, you know that what I say, I must follow. Lay down your arms and surrender, and I will ensure you no more harm this battle, and will tend to your wounds. Continue, and your hope lies that your spirit know's it's way to Talagaad."

"If to my home I am not to make, then by the Ljarl I take you all to me" he replies before fending off the attack of Bjorn. The Ibanvaaler turns and thrusts his spear at the priest but the blow is deflected by the priests shield.

Sigrun standing on top of the hill thinks she notices a horn hanging off the hip of one of the fleeing Ibanvaalers. Readying an arrow she draws back the bow string and lets fly the arrow. Sigrun watches the arrow trace an arc through the air as it flies past the intended target and strikes the ground some 20' or so behind the warrior.

There is now two seperate groups of men making their best possible speed towards the east, the first group consisting of about six warriors is heading east and is positioned south east of the hill about 100 yards. The second group is made up of about ten warriors and they are about 100' behind the first following their path but this group is more strung out and trails for about 40' or so. They are positioned to the south of the hill and starting to make their way up the rise. There is about 100' between each group.

For the first time Cunate can be identified in the melee he leads a group of warriors heading east mopping up those Ibanvaal warriors still defending themselves. His armour is covered with the blood of his victims, his sword and axe drip with the blood of the fallen and it looks as if the Valhakar has been wounded more than once during the fighting. A knot of warriors surround him as they fight to defeat this attack.

Most of the Daas warriors seem intent on letting those that are fleeing go, while they turn their attentions to either finishing off the wounded Ibanvaalers and/or looting those on the ground.

It seems few have heard or taken notice of Algared's call and what few Daas men start to pursue quickly stop when they notice that others are not joining in.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 Peonu 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum