From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Peonu 720

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

10 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 10 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:54 pm

To Emil Barak says "I have a handaxe you may use whilst you are with us."

Replying to Algared's question he says to Kugald "I say we bring him. If his story is true he has no hearth to return to, I doubt he has the skills to survive and evade capture on his own, and when caught he will be executed by the Dagen's men. They'd probably torture him too as an example to others and to find out what he knows. If, on the other hand, he is in league with the Ibanvaal, leaving him here will mean he can report our location, numbers, and names to their patrols; and if we have him he is a hostage for us."

[OoC: Out of interest what is Emil's accent?]

He speaks a Menglana dialect with a Storazlund accent but not that distant from your own accents
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 am

Emil looks at Barak in horror "You are keeping me hostage?" he almost pleads. "IN LEAUGE, with the Ibanvaalers?" Emil says in a rather loud voice "I was due to be hung by them, I have been dragged for miles behind one of their horses and now I am on the run so that I they don't kill me and you think I am in league with them - ARE YOU AN IDIOT?" Emil says and by the look of his face you can tell he regrets those words coming from his mouth.

He holds up his hands in surrender before saying "Forgive my words, I forget where I am and to whose table I now sit" he heads drops forward before quickly lifting and he says "I, I, I don't need to hide out here" as he waves his arm around indicating the forest "I can to another thran, maybe even Vulenheim and from there I can find work, It will alright, things will work out." Emil says.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 am

"If you had insulted my cousin Kugald like that then I doubt you would still be alive by now. However, I think you are a bigger fool than I if you think you will be able to start a new life in another thran here. The Ibanvaal are not going to go away, and they are not going to forget the woodcrafter apprentice who made fools of them." Barak continues to pack his gear.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:20 am

Jurri raises an eyebrow. "Well, if you go to Vulenheim, I might be able to help you get started, but there are people there to watch out for, too. Some worse than the Ibanvaalers."

Post by GM Emil's eyes widen as you speak of Vulenheim "Have you been there?" the youth asks.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:46 pm

When everyone appears packed...

"Right are we all ready?" says Barak "If so I will lead on through the night. Well have to take is slow the ground is rough where we are going"

Barak leads of to the north of west, knowing the directly west the terrain will likely cause an injury to someone in the dark.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Borygg has packed up his gear, checked his weapons, and is ready to go.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Jurri respond to Emil's curiosity as he readies himself to leave.

"Many times. Come with us and I'll tell you all about it."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm

"We still have our feast Barak." Kugald says with a smirk. "And yes, I would certainly like yolu to guide the path. And while I think it would be good for us to ambush the Ibanvaalers who will be comming this way before they realise they chase more than a lad. In order to save that thran further hardship we should try avoid a fight. Though it will mean that the patrols awill begin actively searching for us." Kulgad yawns and rubs his eyes, "I think Algared and I will need a full nights sleep on the morrow."

Algared serves up the vegetable broth giving each an equal serve, He ladels the soupy mix into the box and gives Emil his bowl and spoon and uses his tankard. While bland the soup is certainly warm and Algared feels the warmth flowing through his tired body and the stewed roots and nuts fill the stomach. "Hrmm shame we cant aquire a fishing boat, at least we wouldn't be sailing as blindy its only a month since I was one that section of the river."

The meal eaten, the pot, bowls and cups cleaned and packed away Kugald says "Ahh Emil, I hope you have enjoyed the hospitality of both my larder and fire? I have also made my decision. We will not abandon you, you will travel with us, your eyes will strengthen our own watch. We first marched to Storzerlund to aid the Daas' ally and friend to protect his people and defend Menglana. While we will not shirk from attacking our foe when we can, but we will not abandon any who require our help when it is in our power to provide it. You will not wander these hills alone. You will wander them with this band of brothers. Welcome."

Algared gives Emil a wood axe he has in his loot upon returning from refilling everyones water skins. "Emil, our march will be thirsty work I think. If you carry my water skin you will be able to drink when needed. I will call you when call you when I need a little from it.'

Once all is packed and ready Kugald rises nods to his companions and Emil indicating it is time to move off letting Barak take the lead.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:38 am

Algared wrote:Kugald says "Ahh Emil, I hope you have enjoyed the hospitality of both my larder and fire? I have also made my decision. We will not abandon you, you will travel with us, your eyes will strengthen our own watch. We first marched to Storzerlund to aid the Daas' ally and friend to protect his people and defend Menglana. While we will not shirk from attacking our foe when we can, but we will not abandon any who require our help when it is in our power to provide it. You will not wander these hills alone. You will wander them with this band of brothers. Welcome."

Emil's shoulders sag as Kugald talks "So you are taking me hostage!" he replies "You have done nothing more than any other man in Daaslund and certainly nothing more than any man from Storzarlund and now you keep me as a prisoner" he lowers his head and he whispers "some aid, you taking a prisoner from Storzarlund"

He lifts his head and says "I do not wish to travel with you, I cannot make myself clearer!" pausing for a moment he adds "I will take my chances on my own, I have escaped from the Dagens men twice now and I can do it again too!"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 am

Algared wrote:"Hostage, lad you hurt my feelings. Our paths are in the same direction and you will be able to assist us. How could I tell my Valhaker, or even the Storzar that we did not guide and aid one of his valient men in their time of need. If you were my hostage trust me, you would be bound and we certainly wouldn't have shared what little food we have. Now lad be of good cheer and Jurri will surely be able to add your heroic deeds to his saga." Kugald laughs good naturedly and rests a hand upon Emil's shoulder. "Menglana needs all her sons now Emil. Come we need to hasten away. And I'm sure the Storzar needs all his loyal men"

"I have no wish to travel with you, I understand your path takes you one way, but mine takes another." Emil retorts "and if I am not your hostage than I shall bid you farewell, I thank you for sharing your fire and your food and may Bronwyne watch over you and see you return home safely"

The young lads takes a few cautious steps away as he attempts to leave....

Post by GMI moved this post here from the 11th so as to keep the storyline together
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 am

"Kugald, why not have Emil accompany us until next we stop and then he can go his own way? He will be further away from danger and will be in less of a position to cause trouble for us. In fact if he heads back the way we came he'll be a good decoy for us."

Post by GM Emil's gaze flicks to Barak as he speaks then his gaze returns to Kugald, the look on Emil's face clearly indicates that he is not impressed by this idea either
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

"As for us being the same as Ibanvaalers, I have not yet heard any of us suggest hanging you as a reprisal for a killing you probably did not commit."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 am

Algared nods as Barak speaks then adds his own comments, "Nor have we bound and dragged you behind us. Young Emil, you offer insult though I doubt you mean it. Nor was the decision that you accompany us one that was made with the intention of forcing you, rather it was two fold. It was a decsion in which we were willing to take on the responsibility of protecting you while you travelled our way and second that we would share what food we have with you. In effect lad treating you like a clansman. You also indicated that you hoped to reach Vulenheim and that my young friend means leaving Storzarlund. But if want to leave merely because you have bought trouble upon us, that is honourable but our trouble began when we marched to the aid of Storzarlund. Once news that Froyaheim fell we determined to return home since those we were standing with told us if they didn't pledge loyalty to the Dagan he would kill all the clan."

Kugald looks at Emil and sighs, 'No we are not like the Ibanvaal invaders, and we will not kill you or detain you. But if you are determined to remain in Storzarlund. Then I suggest you find a priest of Sarajin, Vidar is his name he had joined us on or march for he is from Froyaheim and was returning home. He decided to remain and care for the people of Storzarlund as his clan have for generation. However if you seek Vulenhiem then as my cousin says your path lies with us. The choice is yours."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:53 am

Emil's gaze turns first to Barak and then to Algared as they speak and he listens as they speak the anger building within him.

When Kugald speaks Emil quickly turns to face him, as Kugald provides him the information on Vidar, young Emil nods his head in understanding "Kugald, I shall if seek out this Vidar in Froyaheim, if Bronwyne allows it" and then taking a few steps away from the fire he says "I thankyou for sharing your fire, your food and your counsel and now I shall bid you farewell"

With the Emil nods his head to Kugald and walks into the darkness and in the space of a few moments he is lost from view although his passage can be heard for a short time longer before it to fades into the silence of the forest.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 am

Kugald tells Emil before he goes where Vidar was when last they saw him, it was only a couple of days since they parted company so it is possible that the priest is still on this side of the river.

Post by GM With a nod the young lad takes listens to your words and takes to the forest
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4