From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 Peonu 720

+5
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
Sigrun Surenaal
Algared
GM
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

18 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 18 Peonu 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:27 am

To his companions Bjarni notes "Well I cannot so far fault your King's hospitality. For an everyday meal this board hits the spot. You finished with that loaf Zeoul?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 pm

The meal continues with everyone present enjoying the food laid on. The hall is abuzz with murmur of conversation between the men in between eating their evening meal, the only interruptions being the occassional laughter that erupts from the nearby tables. Servants come and go as they remove empty jugs of ale and quickly replace them with full ones.

With the main meal complete servants enter the hall and begin to clear the tables of food and eating utensils. The servants re-enter the hall bearing trays of sweet buns, several trays are placed on the warbands table along with several jugs of ale.

Wulfgaang turns to Jurri and says "Jurri you are a skald are you not?" he pauses but not long enough for you to answer before adding "perhaps you might offer us some entertainment tonight"
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:49 pm

"Of course."

Jurri will begin with a few songs to warm the audience up and acquaint them with his vocal style. Once he has their attention, he will reveal (for his companions as well) the first part of the The Fall of Froyaheim. (This is the poem he has been working on.)

VOI: 18
Oratory (Skaldic Poetry) ML83 (does that make Skaldic Poetry ML93?)
Singing (Eddas) ML102
Musician (Lyre) ML75
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 am

When Jurri takes to his feet those assemble in the hall turn to face him as they wait expectatly for him to begin.

You settle into your performance eagerly and quickly find your rthym with the crowd, you see some begin to sing along with those tunes they recognise while others participate in their own way by clapping or banging tankards against benches. Your lyre making a useful accompanyment with your voice as the two complement each other with each song. The crowd seems to be enjoying your performance and judging the time right you finish the song you are currently singing and after a pause begin with your version of 'The Fall of Froyaheim'.

The crowd falls silent as you begin to recite your poem, you hold the attention of the crowd for some time as you tell of the deeds of valour, acts of betrayal and feats of heroism. Quite some time later the hall falls into silence as you finish your tale with the arrival of the Daas warband back in Ygesdram.

Resuming your seat you can see that there is perceptable change in the atmosphere within the hall. Those about you have been touched, one or two men nearby you can't be sure but there might be a hint of a tear in their eyes. You look about you and feel that for a work in progress it has had the right effect...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Kugald listens closely to Jurri's performance. He also looks around during the "The Fall of Froyaheim," taking careful note of the expressions on the faces of those men closest to him. Are they moved? Or are they angry?

When Jurri sits down, Kugald leans over and says, "Well done, my friend. It was an impressive performance. Now we will see if it earns us an audience with the King, or a date with the hangman. Either way, I am very proud of you."

TTYL

- Kerry

Edit by GM The King is not in attendance in the hall during the meal and has not been seen by your warband at all this evening.

The majority of the men seemed by Jurri's performance. There are a few that seem to be showing anger but whether it is due to the story that was told or more because of the Ibanvaal attack is hard to guage. Most seem to acknowledge the courage of the defenders as the muted conversation seems to stem around the attack itself and the story
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 pm

[OoC: I hope you remembered the bit about Barak the Swift single-handedly capturing the gatehouse of the first thranhold we took ;-) And omitted the bit about being so favoured by Sarajin that he transported us home in a grey mist]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Barak Daas wrote:[OoC: I hope you remebered the bit about Barak the Swift single-handedly capturing the gatehouse of the first thranhold we took ;-) And omitted the bit about being so favoured by Sarajin that he transported us home in a grey mist]

Oh yeah. All the good stuff is in there. I left out the parts about being unable to cross the streams, arguing over dinner being stewed or boiled, etc.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Jurri Grebel wrote:
Barak Daas wrote:[OoC: I hope you remebered the bit about Barak the Swift single-handedly capturing the gatehouse of the first thranhold we took ;-) And omitted the bit about being so favoured by Sarajin that he transported us home in a grey mist]

Oh yeah. All the good stuff is in there. I left out the parts about being unable to cross the streams, arguing over dinner being stewed or boiled, etc.
Aw, c'mon. I think the discussion about stewing vs roasting would be a good comical element to the saga. And of course, the chorus repeated endlessly after each verse would revolve around foraging for and cooking dinner.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 pm

GM wrote:Finding out about Zeuol and Bjarni not having been involved in the fighting Wulfgaang says to both of you "So you are not part of the Daas warband to march on the Ibanvaal invaders, so what brings you into this warband?"

Zeuol having told the story twice already, seems well prepared to answer Wulfgaang's question, "Well I was just recently arrived to Froyaheim. Once the thran fell due to the Dagen's army, my family and I, not to mention countless other refugees fleed to Ygesdram. The Daas was welcoming of me and my clan seeing the benefits of scholars to aid him. We were set to work straight away. I happened across a parchment that needed decyphering .. which was found by the company before you. Thinking they could use me, and with a bit of desire for adventure I decided to throw my lot in with them. For better or worse."

Bjarni Daasen wrote:To his companions Bjarni notes "Well I cannot so far fault your King's hospitality. For an everyday meal this board hits the spot. You finished with that loaf Zeoul?"

While in the process of tearing off a piece of loaf, Zeuol looks to Bjarni and answers, "Almost." Once he has seperated the bread he wants from the rest he hands it over with a grin.
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:39 pm

"Jurri, you are a rare plucker of the strings."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 pm

algared while not eating due to his fast has none the less enjoyed the interactions amongst his companions, joining in their joking and noting Bjarni's ravanous appetite, "It is a good thing I fast Bjarni,' he chuckles. "You eat enough us both and more," When Bjarni comments upon the kings hospitality to Wolfgand algared nod and adds his own agreement.

As Jurri tells his tale algared had at first watched for the reaction of the crowd and notable peoples but found himself listening intently to Jurri's Epic tale. As it concludes he he responds as he wipes his eyes, 'Well done Jurri, you have excelled yourself. And you say this is a work in progress amazing."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 am

With Jurri resuming his seat, servants once again enter the hall and begin to hand out more tankards of ale and mead.

An older man seems to take up Jurri's unwritten challenge, he wears a dark woollen tunic and grey woollen leggings, the cut and trim would indicate that they are of some value.

"We have indeed heard a fine story from our young orator, one Jurri Grebel". He knows Jurri's name without having been introduced. "A fine tale indeed!" the man continues "let me recall the tales of Ujan Stahler and his heirs" there is an immediate lift in the men within the hall, they begin banging tankards and applauding this new speaker "The Kingdom of Menglana was but a small and insignificant territory...." the man begins.

As the man begins to speak Wulfgaang leans forward and says in a low voice "this in a great saga" as he waves his hand to the warband indicating that they should listen to the story.

The speaker tells of the Stahlers attacks and subsequent victories over Sulubin, Stimby and Trondis.

Finishing his tale he once again takes his seat to the resounding noise of the accolades of the audience.

With the night getting late, the men talk and drink for a while longer before they slowly begin to leave the hall and head off outside to their normal quarters. Wulfgaang remains with you until the hall is clear.

The warband are provided with blankets and informed that sleeping on the benches is the more comfortable way to spend the night. They are joined later by seveal serving staff who find a place somewhere on the benches not occupied and quickly turn in for the night.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:05 am

Before too late in the night, Kugald waylays one of the servants. "Several of my men are still in the town and with our boat. I would like you to send someone to fetch them and bring them to the King's hall." Kugald describes the other members of the crew. "Borygg will be on our boat. Barak and Sigrun will be in the town or will have returned to the boat. Quickly, have someone go seek them out and tell them their Captain wishes them to join us in the King's hall." He shakes his money pouch and then fishes out a silver coin. "There will be three more for you when you return with them."

TTYL

- Kerry

PS, I thought it would be best if everyone was together so we can all participate in whatever comes next.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:46 am

Kugald Daas wrote:PS, I thought it would be best if everyone was together so we can all participate in whatever comes next.

ooc: Hopefully not an execution.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:23 am

The servant eyes off the coin and says "It pains me to say this" as he looks between you both Kugald and the coin "the boatmen don'ts work after Nolomar rests" he pauses for a moment and continues "even ifn I coulds I cant"

You could at least put a spoiler alert in your post Jurri whoops Embarassed
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Kugald Daas wrote:I thought it would be best if everyone was together so we can all participate in whatever comes next.
[OoC: Is this when Grendel breaks in to the King's hall and slaughters all the servants asleep on the benches?]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Algared gratfully takes a blanket and finds a bench with his firends and lies down to sleep. After a few days sleeping on the boat the warms and space to stretch, ralative to the boats space, feels good. After talking with his firends he is readyto let sleep take him.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:29 pm

GM wrote:With Jurri resuming his seat, servants once again enter the hall and begin to hand out more tankards of ale and mead.

When the skald returns, Zeuol gives him a stout pat on the back, "Well performed. I look forward to the day when my name is added to your great tales."

GM wrote:
An older man seems to take up Jurri's unwritten challenge, he wears a dark woollen tunic and grey woollen leggings, the cut and trim would indicate that they are of some value.

"We have indeed heard a fine story from our young orator, one Jurri Grebel". He knows Jurri's name without having been introduced. "A fine tale indeed!" the man continues "let me recall the tales of Ujan Stahler and his heirs" there is an immediate lift in the men within the hall, they begin banging tankards and applauding this new speaker "The Kingdom of Menglana was but a small and insignificant territory...." the man begins.

As the man begins to speak Wulfgaang leans forward and says in a low voice "this in a great saga" as he waves his hand to the warband indicating that they should listen to the story.

The speaker tells of the Stahlers attacks and subsequent victories over Sulubin, Stimby and Trondis.

Finishing his tale he once again takes his seat to the resounding noise of the accolades of the audience.

Joining in with the crowd, the Savoryan Sage clanks down his tankard on the table at the older skald's story reaching its conclusion. Zeuol clearly enjoys hearing the performances and seems more satisfied then any of the other times the group has seen him during an evening meal.

GM wrote:
With the night getting late, the men talk and drink for a while longer before they slowly begin to leave the hall and head off outside to their normal quarters. Wulfgaang remains with you until the hall is clear.

The warband are provided with blankets and informed that sleeping on the benches is the more comfortable way to spend the night. They are joined later by seveal serving staff who find a place somewhere on the benches not occupied and quickly turn in for the night.

After having talked in quiet with Algared, Zeuol retires to his bench to sleep on the sheets provided, and drifts off quickly and contently.
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4