From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

27 Peonu 720

+6
Sigrun Surenaal
Eijryk Orbaason
Barak Daas
Borygg Raal
Jurri Grebel
GM
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

27 Peonu 720 - Page 4 Empty Re: 27 Peonu 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Sigrun waits for a pause, then speaks softly, so that everyone must stay quiet to hear, "It's easy to know what to do if a storm is headed your way, or if you are at odds with someone swinging a sword at your head, but this is not so clear. If you don't know what to make of this offer, then the response should be just as puzzling."

"I think The Dagen is trying to stall. Call his bluff, I say to The Daas. He asks for peace in time of festival of honor. Invite him to our festival, or one on neutral ground. Leave him to wonder what is planned by you. Use the enemy's confusion to buy yourself more time. Question his honor should he decline."

"Sometimes doing nothing can be a very powerful option. But it is a hard and frustrating choice to resist action."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 pm

"I have heard stories of Jarls inviting their enemy to their hall under a truce to jointly celebrate a festival. In one tail the enemy Jarl's huscarls killed all the host family, huscarls and servants in the middle of the night, before their victorious army marched in on the next day. If you invite the Dagen here you must be wary of possible duplicity on his part and not let down your guard. He will likewise want to bring a big guard, lest you do the same to him. On the other hand you can not insult his honour by refusing him fully hospitality and respect, including honour guard, if he did come. Though it is hard for me to admit it, I agree with Sigrun that sometimes doing nothing is best - but I am not sure I would want to invite the Dagen to Jabor's meadhall hall, let alone here."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:28 am

"Perhaps, then, neutral ground? If such a thing truly exists."
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:12 am

Bjarni has listened to all this with some interest. Not knowing the region or the lay of the land he can offer little in the way of advice.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Cunate listens to the conversation around the hall.

"Algared I agree there is more to this offer than meets the eye, but to do nothing would allow the Dagen to have the initiative" the Daas pauses for a moment and Madrin is about to speak when Cunate shoots a glance towards him and continues speaking "the Dagen has many new clans under his banner and he will need to show them that he follows the Ljarl if he is to rely on their support" Cunate sits back into his chair and rubs his chin while he once again pauses.

"The King does not sail for another three or four days and then it will be two days or so before he arrives, it may then be nearly a tenday before our combined forces will be ready to do battle against the Ibanvaalers. This brings us to around the time of the Ibangaard festival and Bjaari's feast follows soon after, this will mean nearly a month will pass before the Dagen will be ready to move"

Madrin starts to speak "This will give us time..." is all he is able to get out before the Daas once again resumes speaking "I wonder if the Dagen plans to attack us in the hope that he will defeat us before the festival begins" leaning forward in his chair once again he adds "It is a plan that will reward him greatly, strike at us before the King arrives or defeat us before the King is able to ready his complete force for battle, but if he fails he will loose the advantage that he has now"

Then Cunate looks up at the rest of the assembled audience "what flaws with this line of thought?" he asks.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 am

"If it is true that the Dagaan has few warboats available to him then if he wishes to attackup he needs time to transfer his army to this side of the river. For we know the majority were encamped in Froyahiem. if We control the river with the warboats up to where the stakes were placed as part of the Defences of Froyahiem them would not we be able to reclaim the thrans on this side of the river as far as Solihiem, There was a wide ford there. Surely every day he gains he is able to amass more trrops on this side of the Liem" Algared says as he scratches his head as he ponders the thouigts. "Or has he enforced labours at the yards in Frotahiem to build ships to challenge those of your own?.. but how would your those clans who have sworn you allegience react if we do not honour the feasts. Mayhap that is part of his plan to sow discord among your allies just as his plotting has causesd Trond to betray Menglana in the hope of reviving past glory has weakened the kingdom.... and will the king march against Trond or travel overland from Pasila and march against Froyaheim" Algared looks briefly to the Storzer, I'm sure he would like to be seen as the saviour of Froyahiem... but if i were the Dagaan I would plan to attack.. maybe just before the truce is to go into effect and hope to catch us with our guard down believing we had extra time and thus defeating us before the king arrived. If he does this then he also enables his new vassals to celebrate the feasts. even so he may still seek to attack during said truce, for if victorious he would claim the battle bought honour to Sarajin." Algared looks up looking a trflfe startled as he relizes his thoughts and musings were spoken aloud.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 pm

"It did occur to me that the Dagen's man is here just to try and lure us in to a false sense of security whilst the Dagen's men ready themselves to attack Daaslund." says Barak "He may hope that him being here may cause you to lower your guard. I presume you will have scouts to the east and south who will warn you if he crosses the borders. But maybe you will not be so active about seeing what goes on in Storzarlund."

Barak pauses slightly, before continuing: "The difficulty of attacking you now, if he intends to honour the feast, is that if he fails to gain a quick victory he will have to withdraw and perhaps loose any advantage he has gained. So if he plans to attack quickly then he will need to be confident in victory. Perhaps there is a traitor in your midst he can rely on. This offer, maybe little more than to allow the Dagen's man to talk to the traitor, or otherwise alert him to the imminent attack. That is as likely as him trying to wrong foot you by turning your thoughts to peace."

Turning to Algarad, Barak says "Cousin, I suspect that if the Dagen wants his men to be on this side of the river they will be by now. He has had plenty of time to marshal his men, whilst we have practiced being warriors. In fact, based on what happened in Storzarlund, the fact that the emissary is here, may mean that the Dagen is less than a days march away. Now, more than ever, is the time to know what is happening to the south and east."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 am

"And in the passes." Algared adds when Barak finishes.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 am

Slapping his hand down on the arm of his chair Cunate says "Then it is done, we prepare for the Dagen to march upon us at his earliest convienance!" he then stands you all stand with him as he continues "we will acknowledge the Dagens kind offer and accept his truce for the Ibangaard festival while preparing for him to attack us before this festival will occur" Cunate takes several steps down from his chair "Madrin you will go and inform our guests that I shall offer them my answer in the morning and that they shall be our guests for the night, take them to the hall of Sarajin, if they are so faithful they will not mind!" he says with a wry smile.

Madrin nods and leaves the hall.

Then turning to Thaldirs and Thorin "I will need you to prepare our men for battle, send scouts to the south to watch on Trond, to the east to watch the hills and a small warband to watch Kelsi' Pass* through the mountains and inform our men watching the border that they can expect the Dagen to march soon"

Thaldirs and Thorin both nod their heads and leave the hall.

With only your group and Tersi left in the hall, Tersi says "We have a task for you, you were asked by Cunate a while ago to bring to him a man named Rieke Gerherbt. He however, made good his escape. Now the Daas believes that there may be more spies among us than just him and his nephew. We need to find out who if anyone is involved and how their little network operates" scanning the assembled warband Tersi adds "there should be enough talent here to see this done!"

Lowering his voice some Tersi adds "of course it would be most beneficial if we were not to alert everyone about this possible threat, especially the spy" he says with a smile "now if there is anything you may need then I am your only point of contact - the Daas wants no knowledge of your actions - but be warned the bigger the fish you fry the bigger the bigger the pan will need to be"

"Well what say you all are you up to such a task?"
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 am

Barak looks over to Jurri and Kigald for an answer...
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 am

Jurri looks to Kugald, leaving it to him to answer. He does nod slightly, however.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 am

Kugald smiles and flexes his arms.
"You are the point of contact, very well." Kugald glances to the Daas and smiles. An independence room to move and maneuver, the question though is where to start.
"When we require aid or equipment we come to you. Are there any particular suspects you have mind?" Kugald's mind races with the possibilities to aid in the struggle in a way that will suite the whole of the small warband. What extra equipment they might they need?

Turning to Jurri, Barak and the others he says, "We need to decide how he desire to do this before we know what extra equipment we may require. So how will we flush these spies and traitors. It occurs to me that it is possible some will may try to contact the emissaries, what say you?"
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 am

Tersi looks to Kugald "If there were any suspects they would be before the Daas by now and whose great influence would see them reveal what they know! No! We have no suspects but I should imagine that no one is above suspicion either" Tersi give a wink as he says the word influence.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:37 am

"Come Kugald, we can't talk of such things here or discuss plans. The prey will gain our scent and not be seen again. Mayhaps your mother would not mind us discussing plans in your father's hall. There is less chance of us being overheard there. However, you are right someone should go an watch over the emissary and the Sarajin hall."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 am

Barak Daas wrote:"However, you are right someone should go an watch over the emissary and the Sarajin hall."
Once the group is out of earshot of others, Borygg speaks up, saying "I'm still a guest of Clan Orbaasen at the temple clanhouse. Instead of just watching the building the emissary is in, I can be inside as I am well known to the clan and servants and my presence there will not be unusual." To Kugald, he says "Do you have any special instructions for me?"

If Borygg sees puzzled looks on the faces of some of the newcomers to the band, he will explain "Bjarri Orbaason is head of the Sarajinian temple here in Ygesdram. Clan Orbaason's main holdings are in Froyaheim, where I used to live. I carried greetings to Bjarri from his family when I came to Ygesdram and Bjarri offered me shelter. I've been staying there ever since."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 am

Algared smiled at Kugald's response, it seemed typical of his cousin to accept the task the Daas desired of them even if the details were a little hazy. looking at the group as Tersi as he responded to Kugald's question Algared sensed a desire to be active and relieved from the repetative preparations they seemed to be engaged in. A he listened it occurred to him that this emmissary may also have the task of meeting up with spies who would pass information to Trond in order to co-ordinate attacks, unfortunately it could be equally terue that there were those who would want nothing better than to slit the throats of the emissary and this guards.

Algared also looks to Kugald what plans and how will we spring or even bait a trap, he think to himself.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:15 am

Barak Daas wrote:"However, you are right someone should go an watch over the emissary and the Sarajin hall."

Nodding Kugald says farewell to Tersi judging that the band are as eager as he to be given a task that will hopefully suite all their skills. "We will endeavor to find any and all spies and bring them to justice.' Kugald says to Tersi before leading the warband out side where they find a quiet place to talk and discuss their plans and actions.

Borygg Raal wrote:[Once the group is out of earshot of others, Borygg speaks up, saying "I'm still a guest of Clan Orbaasen at the temple clanhouse. Instead of just watching the building the emissary is in, I can be inside as I am well known to the clan and servants and my presence there will not be unusual." To Kugald, he says "Do you have any special instructions for me?"

If Borygg sees puzzled looks on the faces of some of the newcomers to the band, he will explain "Bjarri Orbaason is head of the Sarajinian temple here in Ygesdram. Clan Orbaason's main holdings are in Froyaheim, where I used to live. I carried greetings to Bjarri from his family when I came to Ygesdram and Bjarri offered me shelter. I've been staying there ever since."

"A good idea Borryg I want to know all who try to see this messenger or make contact. But I would also like us to be able to prevent any such contacts leaving the the thran. I dont want elaborate plans we discovered how poorly that went the last time. But we do need a simple plan. So what are your thoughts?" Kugald stops waiting for each to make suggestions or observations that will utilise the different skills or even just the different perspectives of each memeber before deciding.
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Tersi leads you out of the hall and out into the darkening night.

In the distance you can see Madrin leading the Ibanvaalers towards the Orbaason clanhouse.

"I shall let you organise your plan and talk with you on the morrow perhaps" Tersi says before making his farewells to you and heads off towards the Daas' clanhouse.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 am

Eijryk had been quiet throughout most of the discussion but he had nodded and agreed with most that had been said. When Borygg offers to try to learn more about the emissaries he says "I stay there too, Bjarri and his family are my relatives. Four eyes and ears will be able to pick up more than two, so I'll join you Borygg."

"We should keep an eye on everyone that talks to the Ibanvaalers or otherwise try to near them, to see if they might be possible spies for the Dagen.", he continues.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 am

Standing outside near the centre of the thranaal, the evenings sky has begun to gather with the dark ominous clouds of a coming storm. The first boom of thunder echoes off in the distance.

Around you the thranaal goes about their business oblivious to your task.

The first drops of rain begin to fall slowly at first but you know that before long that will change....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Barak says goodbye to Borygg and Eijryk as they head up to to Sarajin's hall. He then strides of purposely towards Kugald's home; expecting to be invited in bu Kugald. He greets Kugald's mother and sister. Later, when everyone is comfortable and secluded, Barak says: "So we have two hunts. One for traitors and one for game. I suggest I go ahead with the game hunt tomorrow; to not do so will give a lie to the idea that this was what we were discussing with Telsi. If the delegate leaves Ygresdram tomorrow, someone will need to follow them, if not Eijryk and Borygg should be able to stay with them. Has anyone considered that the reason that the Daas dosn't know about the mission, is because Telsi is in fact acting on his own, perhaps even an agent of the Dagen. Anyway, if you agree I am going hunting tomorrow, it is for you all to decide what you plan to do tomorrow."

Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Standing outside the hall you watch Madrin lead the Ibavaalers towards the Orbaasen clanhouse, Madrin stops the group as they near the clanhouse and knocks on the door. The door opens and while you are not able to see who opens the door Madrin appears to speak with them for a short time, the Ibanvaalers are quickly shown into the clanhouse.

Madrin turns and heads back towards your warband...

The rain begins to fall more steadily now.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Sigrun has headed back to the Farvie.
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Sigrun makes her way back to the small boat tied up on the beach.

Taking a sheet of canvas from the small boats locker Sigrun spends some time erecting a canvas canopy over the deck of the small boat will protect her from the elements tonight. With the shelter up Sigrun then goes on to prepare her sleeping gear. With that task taken care of Sigrun makes herself as comfortable as possible and stares out at the assembled warboats.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

Eijryk joins Borygg and goes back to his relatives clanhouse. He will introduce himself properly and courteously to the Ibanvaaler guests but will otherwise keep a low profile and try to watch and listen to what happens around the clanhouse the rest of the evening.
He will help with whatever needs doing in the household.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next