From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

29 Nuzyael 720

+2
Jurri Grebel
GM
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

29 Nuzyael 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 29 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 am

Borygg is able to tell you that the fire was well concealed from where he and Vidar were watching from.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Barak Daas wrote:Replying to Algarad: "I think we can travel by sail or oars during daylight or twilight, but I don't fancy it in pitch darkness. I'll join you in the fishing tomorrow; naturally I know something about fishing off small boats" he smiles ironically.

'I hope you do Barak, i was actually thinking you'd be one of our fishermen, we rely on only two oars to give us extra motion if we are continung as we have and you and Borryg fish. if you keep your bows handy, if trouble ensues we have our best archers able to come ito action quicker... its just a thought.'

as Borryg reenter camp anoouncing the smell of smoke from a camp near by algared falls silent, thankful that they made effort to keep their fire sheltered. Like Jurri algared quietly gets readyand waits as the scouts disappear into the darkness to investigate.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

Barak waits to see if he is sent out scouting; but in the meantime he eagily finishes off the remains of his meal.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 am

The warband prepare themselves and soon Barak and Borygg head off into the darkness.

The two warriors have not moved off more than several yards when they disappear into the dark. The only sign of them is the occassional noise as they brush against the trees as they move about in the darkness.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 am

Vidar says a prayer for their safe travels. If they allow, he blesses them before they depart (+10 PP each).

Post by GM Vidar stands guard alone somewhere out in the darkness and is not in the camp to offer his blessing

EDIT: My mistake. I thought I was kept informed somehow. In hindsight, not sure how. Smile

Last edited by Vidar Orbaason on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 am

Barak takes his normal hunting weapons: bow, hunting knife and hatchet. He also takes the time to belt on his sword. He is not wearing armour or helm (other than his archery bracer) and he carries neither shield or pack. His bow is in his left hand.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:00 am

He will leave most of his armour behind but will wear his sealskin leggings and leather vest. He'll bring along his bow, club, and dagger but, like Barak, will leave pack and other weapons behind.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

As soon as Barak and Borygg slip out of the camp to investigate, Kugald quietly pulls out his armor and weapons. He starts arming and equipping himself quietly and efficiently.

He looks at the others, “Quickly, pack up your gear and prepare for a fast getaway.”

Once he is ready, he packs up the rest of his gear plus that of Borygg and Barak. Kugald helps the others tear down the sail tent and load all the items into the boat. Kugald makes sure the oars are out and ready for use.

When everything is packed, he moves over to the fire and shovels a few handfuls of soil onto the fire to dowse the flames and smother the embers. “Putting out the fire will make it harder for anyone to find us and will let our eyes adjust to the darkness.”

Kugald finds a good spot, under a tree, and lays his shield down beside him. He wraps his cloak tightly around himself, grips his spear, sits down and tries to look like a rock. The weaponcrafter waits patiently. He tries to stay as quiet as possible, straining his ears to hear every tiny noise.

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 am

Time: Beginning of the 6th - Mid 6th watch

Soon the campsite is busy with activity as everyone goes about breaking camp.

Algared removes the pot from the fire (even though Borygg and Vidar have not eaten yet) and starts to pack the cooking utensils away.

Kugald kicks dirt onto the fire and after raising some dust soon has fire out and the few whisps of smoke trail off and the fire now lays dead and lifeless.

Jurri sets to packing the other camping equipment that have been setup, he starts untying the sail and disassembling the shelter erected by Barak.

By the time that the campsite has been packed Borygg and Barak still have not returned.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 am

GM wrote:By the time that the campsite has been packed Borygg and Barak still have not returned.

OOC: Damn. I'll bet the zombies got them, too.

Jurri will stand quietly, letting his eyes adjust and listening for sounds that don't belong.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:21 am

Moving the pot from the embers Algared covers the contents hopefullt Borrygg and Vidar will be able to eat something that isn't stone cold. Once everything is packed away he sits ready for trouble in his armour.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 am

Time: Mid 6th watch

From out of the darkness you clearly hear Vidar's voice call "Halt!" and then there is silence....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 am

"Ah Sar'jin's Beard, you two!" Relaxes his grip on his axe. "Maybe we ought to negotiate a signal next time so I know a friendly is coming. Where are you two off to?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:14 am

"Get some kip."

Barak heads back to the camp and is rather startled to discover that it has all been packed away. Barak heads over to Kulgald "We couldn't find anybody. We found a road and ditch which runs at over there" Barak points out the direction "But it is too dark to track anything. There could be a Ibanvaal patrol hidden in the trees or the ditch, but I suspect we've unexpectedly camped near a thran. If it is the latter then I think we'll be okay if we leave before day break. If it is a Ibanvaal patrol we'll probably be dead before we know it. It could, of course also be another small party like ourselves, out hunting or something."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 am

Time: Mid 6th watch to end of 6th

With the warband reunited the camp settles down some. Kugald and Algared head off to take their turn on watch. Borygg and Barak get the sail erected again as a make shift shelter, this time though there does not seem to be the room that there was with the first effort. Jurri and Vidar go about putting the camp back in order.

Then Borygg and Vidar sit down and manage to get some barely warm broth from the pot. Borygg takes the pot down to the riverbank and using the sand from the riverbank scrubs the pot clean.

Soon the cooking gear has been packed away aboard the boat.

The warband left at the campsite turn in to gain what rest they can before dawn or their turn on watch awakens them.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3