2 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 am

Time: Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The rain continues to fall through the night with the sounds of the pitter patter helping the warband sleep. Each of you awake to a new day, the rain has stopped and the day looks to be a fine day. Thick white clouds obscure some of the blue sky, golden beams from Nolomar shine from behind the mountains to the east, the morning is cool but comfortable with a slight wind blowing from the south west.

Waking up each of you notice that your wounds seem to be healing well. Although they are still tender to the touch, they are on the mend.

The ground outside is still damp and slightly muddy from the nights rain.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 am

Having woke early from another night of bad dreams, Meldun sit's on the hill heading up to the thran, watching Nolomar crest the mountains. He overlooks the priers that have been built for the funeral services later that morning. While familiar with caring for the dead, he has never been a part of such a large battle, much less the exhaustion for caring for so many families at once.

Feeling the warmth of the light on his face for a few moments, he rises and heads to the gates to pray and commune with Sarajin before breaking his fast. He hopes to work with Bjarri to talk about what the day holds, as well as find out what the Daas might have them do with the pending march on Abderhiem.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am

Algared rises early, gathers his bowl and a water skin of fresh water and heads towards his usual morning reflection area. If his wounds have started to heal nicely he will sing praises to Sarajin. He will try cast Azure hand, his aim will be to begin with his stomach and continue until he succeeds or an hour has passed. He will meditate for an hour and then go to the temple to worship.

Post by GM Algared meets with his fellow companions later that morning, he is walking more freely, and his movements seem more fluid than they did last night when he left the meadhall


Last edited by Algared on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some damn typos.)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:51 am

Barak rises and gets ready to go out for the day. When Bjorn awakes, he asks him if he is sure he wants to go to the woods today? He asks the others if they want to come to. It will only be a short trip, probably be back for lunch. He'll suggest to Bjarni and Sigrun that they look for lodgings for the coming night - Bark will help them in their quest later if they havn't found anything. He'll look out for Algared (but fail to find him if he has gone and hidden himself for the morning. Barak then gets ready to depart to the nearby woods with however is to accompany him.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Greeting his friends with a smile Algared says "Ylina must have smiled on me this morning." On hearing Barak and Bjorn intend to be away during first half of the day he looks suprised and asks, "You do not intend to be present to see our friends on their way to Sarajin's table, or do you intend to return before then?" Algared knows from what Bjorn has said in the past and from Barak's laments about being a hunter and needing to be hunting to make his living that both likely feel more at home in the woods. "If the funerals are in the morning, I would advise against being conspicuous by your absence, otherwise I will advise you make sure you are back in time.

Finding Bjarni he says "If you are still eager, I will try to apply the ancient arts to your wounds and to anyone else who desires when time permits, and if successful then we can return to the temple and give thanks to Sarajin, for surely Ylina grants the ability use and understanding of such mysteries so the faithful can follow and serve Him.... that is right isnt it Meldun?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Barak sighs "Okay. Bjorn, perhaps we can go after the funerals. I wouldn't want to miss 'uncle' Jorri's last moments."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Upon hearing Barak and Bjorn planning to scout the woods, Borygg says he'd like to join. He'll attend the funerals and help sing the fallen on their way to Talagaad.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Bjorn Vetr on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Bjorn rises later than the rest of the warband, he curses and smacks his head with the palm of his hand, trying in vain to clear a headache that settled in sometime during the night. Smacking his lips, he stands up and stretches, then looks over to see Barak approaching him. The two of them talk for a bit, and decide to wait until after the funeral to head into the woods. He spends the remainder of his morning changing his bandages, repairing his leather and hides, and attemping to stretch out the stiffness of his body after the previous day's battle.
avatar
Bjorn Vetr

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-03-10
Age : 38
Location : Caldwell, Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Bryndis is eager to be out and moving and doing something... so she will take Algared up on his offer of healing.
If she is feeling up to it (wounds-wise), when Barak, Bjorn and the others venture into the woods, she would like to join them.


[OoC: Do Meldun, Bryn and Bjorn need to find other lodgings? I don't think it was ever discussed with Cunate where we would stay]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Sigrun is quiet, then leaves the hall. She can be seen atop the hill by the river, just standing and watching.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 am

When Algared arrives and makes his offer of ministrations, Bjarni will think on it. "I do not see the Elyries giving me much heed, but if you think it will help these wounds then do your worst."

Bjarni also thinks about lodgings and says "Cunate should put us up." He gestures around to the other non-locals. "We have bled enough for this thran, it is the least he can do. We will die of wound fever if we have to sleep in the rain, despite Algared's mumblings."

As far as going to funerals is concerned Bjarni is somewhat pragmatic. "As long as there is a decent wake for those departed, I will go to the send off for Ulauf." [OoC - What do his wives look like?]
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:46 am

"Bryndis, I have also been thinking about the nexrt combat we are engaged in, if as I hope you three will join our band we will need to practice and become familiar with each other and work out who does what. When Eijryrk deems us ready to be able to carry out some training I think we'd be best served in getting in some training. I would value your skills in helpiing us as a band prepare especially since it is likely we will soon be heading to fight again."

Algared outlines some thoughts of a desirte to have a line with archers at the back, he also explains what Kugald had devised in the past and the reasons for it.

Algared will if time permits find a quiet place and cast Azure Hand on the injuries of his companions prior to the funerals.

Seeing Sigrun on the hill in quiet thought he will give her a wave of recognition but otherwise leave her to her thoughts.

[OOC when are the funerals set to be carried out. Would there be time before the funeral for a short visit to the woods by those wishing to do before hand, and would being absent be considered a major breach of protocol. Even if there was time before the funeral I dont see us being able able to train, even if Algared is successful in casting it would likely take the best part of a a watch to treat all the wounds once.]



avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:36 am

Time: Beginning 3rd watch

Algared returns to the meadhall to find the rest of the warband gathered together, the group chats briefly before Sigrun decides to leave the meadhall and make her way towards the eastern hill.

With Nolomar now clearly in the sky, the white clouds doing little to obscure the ball of yellow, the locals begin to gather for the funerals. The dead are carried to a funeral pyre and left resting. All are dressed in their finery, laid to rest with spear and shield. (A term I am using to show that they are being laid to rest in their armour and with their arms)

The crowd gathers slowly at first but it is not long before a large assembly has gathered, as clansmen from near and far are gathering to bury a clansmen.

Bjarri speaks for each of the dead, offering them praise in the hopes that they will journey to Taalagaard and find peace there. Bjarri adds that it is not for the living to shed a tear, remember the life and not the loss of these men, that should bring a smile to your lips and thus their life will be enriched the more so for having made each of you smile.

He also reminds the living that there is yet a struggle to be fought here and that each of you honour the Ljarl so that if Sarajin calls you to his halls you can make the journey with honour.

Bjarri takes up a torch and honouring the rituals of the cremation, touches the lit torch to the right thigh of each of the dead (This is done so that should the warrior only be sleeping the burn will wake him before the pyre is lit). The funeral pyres are lit, slowly at first the flames dance growing quickly as the flames reach more fuel.

It is not long before a dozen fires burn hot, the smoke rising high into the sky.

Bjarri then offers another prayer to fallen warriors from Ibanvaal, before carrying out the cremation rituals, he then lights their funeral pyre. The Ibanvaal warriors laid in a huge mass pyre are quickly consumed by the blaze and the heat pushes back those onlookers standing to close.

Most of the spectators remain until the blaze has died down and the remains of their clansmen have been consumed by the fire...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:30 am

As the crowd disperese Algared approaches Bryndis and Bjarni drawing both aside and finding a quiet out of the way place, hhile Barak, Bjorn and Borryg get ready to head into the hills. Algared endeavours to cast Azure hand on each of their wounds, he will begin with the serious wounds first.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 am

With the crowd dspersed Algared leads Bryndis and Bjarni up into the wooded area to the west of the thran. Finding a secluded glade Algared prepares himself to cast his spells.

Bjarni is the first to volunteer revealing the wound to his chest, Algared begins to chant and wipe the wound with cool water and after a few moments the wound remains unchanged. Algared rests while Bjarni looks on concerned, with a few words of encouragment Bjarni is ready to have the wound to his hip treated. Once again Algared begins to chant and washes the wound with water, the water is colder than before and the wound seems to heal in a matter of moments.

The wound is not completely healed but it feels better than it did only moments before.

Algared treats the wound to Bjarni's knee last, once again the water chills beyond it's normal temperature but with the spell completed the wound has fully healed leaving no mark at all of the wound.

Bryndis is next to be treated and revealing the wound to her left calf, grimacing as she lifts her leggings, Algared casts his Azure Hand on the wound and in just a few brief moments Bryn feels the water chill deeply and with Algared's spell complete the wound has completely healed leaving just a small scar where once the wound was visible.

The wound to Bryn's neck is the next to be treated, Algared takes another break, beginning his chant once again Algared begins to wipe the wound with water, the water chills quickly again as the wound completely heals leaving only a tiny mark.

Algared rests again as he chats with his companions, then when rested he takes up his bowl and prepares to cast Azure Hand on the wound to Bryn's left hip. Without warning Algared tosses the bowl of water into the air, discarding the bowl and cloth to the ground.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 am

Algared's look of panic moments before he discards the bowl and his blowing on his fingers almost immediately afterwards not to mention the bowl that steams until the last traces of water have been evaporated and reamins to hot to pick up for a while are a clear indication that something went terribly worng. Algared also looks more drained than he has previously when he needed to rest. It is almost 20 minutes before he appears to have recovered and feels less fatigued.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 am

Bjarni is nervous and does not know what to expect when Algared begins his ministrations. Looking at the place where his knee was wounded he swears "By Sarajin's hairy left one" and wipes the sweat from his head. Watching the same procedure being worked on Bryn he assures her that it didn't hurt. When Algared jumps back throwing the steaming bowl from his hands Bjarni leaps backwards and grips the hilt of his knife.

"What in the name of the gods was that Algared?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:Bjarni is nervous and does not know what to expect when Algared begins his ministrations. Looking at the place where his knee was wounded he swears "By Sarajin's hairy left one" and wipes the sweat from his head. Watching the same procedure being worked on Bryn he assures her that it didn't hurt. When Algared jumps back throwing the steaming bowl from his hands Bjarni leaps backwards and grips the hilt of his knife.

"What in the name of the gods was that Algared?"

As he rests, and looking a little embarressed at his failure, he says. "Well it takes a lot of effort to manipulate the forces, and it is not without risk.. I usually try to find a quiet place so I'm not distracted. Sometimes letting time heal a wound is safer, but as we will likely be off to war soon so it seemed worth the effort and risk. If you wish I'll try try again later on the wounds you still carry. I hope it will make the difference in the struggle. Certainly this skill can help bolster our ranks a little.. at least I'd like to hope so."


Last edited by Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:24 am

"If you can fix this damn leak in my hull here," Bjarni taps his chest, "I will be in your debt"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

By the time Algared has completed his castings, it is near high Nolomar...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 am

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"If you can fix this damn leak in my hull here," Bjarni taps his chest, "I will be in your debt"

"I will try treat the wound at a convienient time, maybe after if I manage to remove the last of my own injuries i'll find it easier and have a greater measure of success."

Algared will change the topic slightly trying to draw Bryndis thoughts she thinks the warband, should she and her companions join them, enabling the band to function as a cohesive unit.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:17 am

When everyone is assembled, Barak leads Bjorn, Borygg and Bryndis (and anyone else who wants to come - we need Bjarni for the full set ;-) on a trip around the local woods to the east of the thran. The intention is to be out for the afternoon only, and certainly be back before dusk. Barak has the party strung out in a line 10-15ft apart with Bjorg at one end of the line and him on the other. Barak says he is not expecting to encounter anybody, but if we do we must be cautious - they may not be Ibanvaal or they many be part of a trap. Barak urges everyone to be as quiet as possible and keep scanning around for signs that people having been camping etc. Barak will be looking out for tracks and traces of occupation.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 am

Algared will not be heading off on Barak's excursion. He has had a rather tiring morning, and feels emotionally drained from the funeral not so long ago. When the group he will ask the group, when they are together, about a raid on the Dagan's suppliy lines at the ford fort. The raiders could either be dropped off by boats at night, part of the raid, retreating to the boats to make good their escape after the raid. As he talks and thinks about the proposal, raiding does pose great risks but the rewards coild be equally benefical if successful.

Lastly, he will say "Tomorrow, after we break fast, I would like us all to gather and train, practicing a shield wall and other formations so that can form the strongest front possible and begin the process of blending us all into a single cohesive unit. If Eijryrk deems us fit we can also train with weapons. Bryndis, I know you, Bjorn and Meldun are not apart of our small band and are retained by the Daas. But it seems it would make sense to train, and in a larger shield wall join this band anyway. where you would be with people you know"





avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Barak leads Bjorn and Borygg out to the east, leaving Bryndis as she was not able to make it, she was still with Algared when you left. You were not sure when she would return and with the daylight wasting, you decided to leave her behind. Following the rough path of the Ibanvaalers when they withdrew from Ygesdram, their any sign they may have left, however, has been removed by last nights rain.

You move on through the woods to the east of Ygesdram moving at a good speed despite the poor going. You have soon crossed the trail leading between the thrans of Jeinmark and Orebro and soon after you begin to move up into the wooded foothills of the mountains.

You turn north and head roughly towards the tin mine in the mountains, skirting to the west by a quarter league or so. Finding little in the way of Ibanvaalers and with the day beginning to draw to a close you decide to head west again home towards Ygesdram.

Returning to Ygesdram with a little time left before sunset you have found little except for a lone Daas shepherd and his flock of sheep. He tells you that he has seen naught since arriving earlier today and he plans to return to the thran of Jeinmark later today.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 pm

"Well that was a successful trip" says Barak to Algared on his return "We found no sign of Ibanvaal in the woods, or signs that they have been there. A sole Daas shepherd we encountered has not seen anyone today either. I'd say there is currently no threat from the woods. It didn't help our quest for Tersi except by eliminating another avenue of investigation."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum