From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 Nuzyael 720

+2
Kugald Daas
GM
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

24 Nuzyael 720 - Page 6 Empty Re: 24 Nuzyael 720

Post  GM Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:23 am

Algared cleans and dresses Kugalds wound to his hip. Before Algared is able to apply a crude bandage to Kugalds wound he begins to go through his hypnotic hand motions and chanting in strange toungues as he washes the wound in chilled water. After a short time the wound seems to have healed slightly and the pain from the wound has gone.

With Barak and Borygg now gone, you attempt to move the wounded to the closest clanhouse. Kugald and Algared lift one of the wounded warriors while Vidar and Jurri grab another they just under half way to the clanhouse when they are directed to take the wounded to the thranhold. As they change their direction they notice that other wounded men are also being taken to the thranhold to be gathered and treated as best as possible.

By the time you have taken the nine wounded men to the thranhold it is getting close to the time you expect Barak and Borygg to return.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:47 am

Looking at the sun as the last of the wounded is helped to the Thranhold, Algared says to his companions, Barak and and Borygg should be returning soon. I'm going to stay here Kugald, I may be able to help with some of the wounded and acquire a phyicians kit. I'm sure our band will benefit from having one in the future.'

Algared searches out Hervold, the healer and offers his assitance, offering as he did a couple of tendays past, to help heal the wounded. He also seeks a Physician's kit since none in the warband have one.

If his offer to help is taken, Algared witll use his magik. If not he will leave, find a place to wash and change from his blood stained tunic into a clean one, and wash the tunic he wore in battle before searching out his companions.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:12 pm

Barak and Borygg attempt to saunter nonchalantly back in to the camp, by the effect is rather ruined by the high degree of encumberance of their loot.

“We got most of what we needed, but we couldn’t find and medical supplies.”

Barak dumps a chainmail byrnie on the ground. “I think someone in the shield wall should wear this, it looks like it will fit Vidar or Jurri; but I think It will also fit Borygg and I.”

He then takes a ¾ helm from his pack. “I think this will fit me, and I’d like it if no one else has a greater call for it.”

“I also found six silver pennies on the dead man I looked at earlier, which is one each, and this bone trinket on a leather thong. I don’t think it is worth much, but I like the carving. I’ll pay you each a penny, if you let me keep it – that must be more than it is worth.” He pauses and then remembers his other find in his loot sack “And I also found these” he says producing a pair of kurbul vambraces.

“Borygg has the geese we caught, the rope and hook, and some other loot. Show them what we’ve got Borygg, and what did everyone else find?”

[OoC: So that is:-

• Armour (which will, I believe, fit Barak, Borygg, Jurri or Vidar): Chainmail byrnie, ¾ helm, and kurbul vambraces
• Coin: 6d
• Bone pendant worth: 1d

Of which Barak would like the helm. He is willing to pay 5d for the pendant. Barak is prepared to haggle over who has the byrnie but I (the player) think it would probably be best to go to one of the weaker first line men, rather than to a third line archer ;-) ]

Last edited by Barak Daas on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Borygg holds up the geese. "I have dinner right here." He hands them off to whoever was in the process of getting ready to start cooking and pulls the knapsack off his shoulder. While digging in it, he says "I found some rope and a hook, so we'll be able to climb the walls next time, Kugald. I'll hang on to it."

"I also found some buried treasure." He holds up a dirty coin purse. "Someone saw the pride of Menglana coming and thought to hide their coin. But I have an eye for this kind of thing and their hurried burying job couldn't hide them from me. I haven't counted them out yet but there are a few fists full for sure."

He pulls a plate 3/4 helm from his sack. "I also picked up this while gathering the enemy weapons. It doesn't look too dented for someone to use." He'll hand it to Kugald for his assessment.

If things are settling down, Borygg will sit and start to count out the coins. if there is a loot pile being made, he will add:

• a plate 3/4 helm
  • 73d in silver in a dirty purse
While counting out the coins in the purse, Borygg finds a single gold coin. He examines it, using his experience as a trader to determine its origin and assess its value. [To the GM: What does Borygg think this is worth?]
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am

Algared wrote:
"Do you feel skilled enough to apply your skills at first aid or should we seek a physician for them, which will take more time?"

"I will do my best." He helps binds their wounds before he moves them.

When they arrive at the clanhouse, Kugald takes a second look at the men's wounds. "Algared, can you boil me some water. My ma always told me that good clean water was best for wounds." After the water has been boiled and cooled, Kugald dips his bandages (torn up tunic) in the water and cleans up the wounds as best he can. Then, he makes pads of cloth and presses it over the wounds and binds them firmly with more strips of cloth. If there are any broken bones, he pulls and straightens the limb (no doubt over the cries of the wounded) and then binds it with a stick on either side. When he is finished, he tells each man in turn, "Leave the wound to puss and sore itself out. Sarajin will decide if you are strong enough to live."

When the Borygg and Barak return, Kugald smiles broadly. "That's it...from now on, you guys are the professional looters! Rope and hook, coin, a byrnie, helm and a goose! I am impressed. Well done, both of you."

He takes the 3/4 helm from Borygg and looks it over. "Average quality, but in good condition. No popped rivets, no major dents or holes. I would say it would be suitable for anyone. Good find."

"So," Kugald says, looking at the goose, "goose for dinner then? I am famished!"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 am

Entering the thranhold with the wounded, you pass by a blood soaked gatehouse. It would seem many men fell here either attempting to seize the gate or to defend it. Entering the thran compound you find the compound in complete chaos.

Wounded men have been brought in and laid on the ground near the greathall, some alone most with someone nearby offering aid and comfort to them.

Kugald takes this opportunity to treat the wounded men, despite their moans and protestations you are able to treat all the wounded. Borygg and Barak return to find you still in action treating the wounds.

Algared disappears inside the greathall to offer Hervold any assistance he may. You can hear coming from inside the hall, Algared's voice almost in song as he chants a mystic tone in a tongue that has become familiar to you but none of you have understand it's meaning. He is not gone long before he is lead out of the greathall by Hervold. Hervold seems to be pushing Algared with one arm while ushering him away with the other.

Jurri wanders the compound singing softly to comfort the wounded and dying. While Vidar kneels by each man, taking their hand and offering aid as best he can some men wish to offer a pray to the Grey Slayer. Vidar selects a suitable prayer for each man and recites the pray with the men joining in where they can.

You also find out why there was so much blood at the gatehouse, it would seem a clan Valhakar fell there and so his men died there with him protecting his dead body.

By the time your warband have treated the wounded, sorted out your equipment and performed other various tasks it is nearly high sun.

Last edited by GM on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 am

> it would seem a clan Valhakar fell there and so his men died there <

"On whose side did he fight?" asks Barak

On the side of the vanquished

Kugald wrote:and a goose!
[Actually, three geese - a positive feast, probably enough for two meals.]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 am

GM wrote:
You also find out why there was so much blood at the gatehouse, it would seem a clan Valhakar fell there and so his men died there with him protecting his dead body.

Jurri will try to find any who witnessed this event (friend or foe) and question them about it until he has a suitably complete mental image. While obtaining the necessary details (the name of the fallen, for example) he's not worried so much about accuracy as capturing the correct mood. He will pay careful attention to the emotions of the speakers, phrasing his questions to hopefully draw out such a response.
Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:22 am

Ushered from the great hall, fatigue still showing, the hair on the side of his head matted my dried blood and his tunic also stained with blood and torn, witness to the wounds he recieved in the combat the marks of the wound he had recieved in the battle he sees his companions as he carries his hastily gathered gear He smiles weakily, as they watch.

"Apparently, I sound like the cattle at milking time."

As the band loiter Algared will suggest they find a place to camp, whether its under a lean-to or a clanhouse or a stable and prepare a meal just in case Cunate decides to march forth quickly. When opportunity presents itself Algared will check his equipment, and replace whatever is damaged if possible.

As the group settles down to sort their equipment, prepare a meal camp and refill their water skins. Algared will prepare the meal unless there are objections, taking a little from the rations that they aquired previously to suppliment the goose.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 pm

After the wounded are attended to, Vidar approaches the warband, straight-faced and wide-eyed, and speaks matter-of-factly: "This is a great day. Our Lord and the Elkyrie have smiled upon us, and many of those who have fallen will soon grace the field of Talagaad with their bravery and prowess."

Vidar conducts a BLESSING to return all "borrowed" piety back to those who donated it to him plus an additional 10PP each.

He eats, engages Jurri in conversation and encourages him for some tales, and then retires to COMMUNE before resting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 am

As they prepare one of the geese for cooking Algared calls Barak over inorder to select the supply of feathers he'll be able to use as flights.

As Barak selects the flights he can use Algared prepares a sftuffing for the goose from stale bread and dried fruit selected from the warbands supplies which were replenished recently.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:17 am

Barak says, "I already have spare Menglana Goose feathers, what I don't have is spare shafts; I can cut them in the forest, but we'll never have the time for that. If we want more arrows then there are plenty of them still on the field of battle." but I will help you cook... as he does so, he soft out some feathers in to two piles - one to add to his fletching stock, the other to give to Algarad for use as quills.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:24 am

It would seem that as you watch the Daas warband now occupy this thran there level of violence and aggression has diminished some what, perhaps they have had their taste of war and the bitter after taste is no longer to their liking or perhaps their hunger for food has been sated since the last thran that their 'determination' to find food is no longer driving them.

From your resting place inside the thranhold you watch the men of the Daas warband wander from point to point some seem intent on loot while others wander in search of friends or family while others still seem to be going about business of which only they are aware. You are laying around your fire chatting and telling stories of deeds done and acts witnessed when Cunate Daas enters the thranhold. He has an entourgage consisting of several messengers nearby while he is surrounded by his band of huscarls including Thorin. Cunate has not ventured in here as yet. He enters the thranhold scanning the buildings and the area abouts.

He spies your warband sitting around your fire with your meal cooking and with a smile turns to make his way towards your group.

"Kugald, Algared, Jurri" there is a slight pause "Vidar, Barak" and then finally while it seems Cunate is trying to recall your name adds "and Borygg" he greets each in turn with a nod, then he says "Good work this morning, you have done your families and yourselves great honour this day. The enemy would have surely dealt clan Batheson a severe blow were they to have fallen on their flank"

He then says "Excuse me but I have other matters to attend to right now, perhaps you can tell me of the days glories later" he then turns and makes his way further into the thranhold with his entourage following.

The afternoon is like the morning, the sun hangs warmly in the sky, a few white wispy clouds float by in the sky and a slight breeze from the southwest blows over the moutains taking enough of the sting out of the sun to make thing comfortable as you spend the next watch laying or dozing around the embers of your fire as you rest as best you can.

Later in the evening the valhakar of clan Batheson approaches your warband "Hah finally found you, you were the men who stemmed the attack that would have fallen on my flank during our attack on the thran?" he asks

Last edited by GM on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 am

Kugald stands at the Daas' approach. He accepts his complements with good graces.

"We did as you commanded, mi'lord. We are proud to be of service."

Later, when the valhakar of Clan Batheson arrives, Kugald stands again. He nods, "Aye, my shield companions and I were the ones the Daas' sent, along with Kelsi's skirmishers. We are honored we were able to help."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 am

"I have found several of the other men that were tasked to aid us and I have offered them my thanks, there are still several others I need to find" the Valhakar grabs your shoulder then takes your hand in thanks. He nods to each of you then says "My clansmen and I thankyou again for you assistance, may each of you have the King of the Icey Winds protection while we are on this 'adventure'" he then turns and heads off in search of the other men in your warband...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:10 pm

After the valhakar leaves, Kugald sits back down.

"Well....that was nice of him," he says. "It is never a bad thing to have a valhakar in your debt." He smiles ironically, "But a reward would have been nice too." He gestures to his bandaged hip, "Another six inches to the right and I would have been a shield maiden! And think of all the poor girls who would have never known the glory of Kugald's manly passions!"

On a more serious note, he leans in so only their group can hear, "I am also pleased that the Daas saw our actions. The greater our glory, the more chance we will be selected for 'special' tasks," he rubs his hands together, "and all the more chance for loot...uh...I mean honor and glory," his correction is somewhat compromised by the broad wink he gives his friends.

"Now, back to the really important business. We have been ignoring the true guests of honor. Algared, are our fine feathered friends ready for dinner!"

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:22 am

Algared checks the geese and confirms that indeed the birds are ready to eat. With some skill Algared halves and then quarters the birds. Barak halts Algared just before the he serves the birds and reaches into a small pouch and garnishes each cut of bird with just a pinch of some culinary herbs.

Then each cut of bird is served so that each member of the warband gains a wing and a leg of goose to enjoy.

The moans of the wounded seem to have quietened some what over the last few hours. It is not long before your warband enjoys some quick banter and the mood seems to lift as you realise that you have survived yet another engagement. Soon with the hunger in your bellies quelled and the light in the sky beginning to fade you begin to doze around the embers of the fire.

Barak noting that the fire will be out by morning stands and gathers several pieces of firewood from a nearby woodpile places them on the fire, soon the fire is blazing away and you all feel the warmth from it's flame. Vidar quickly stands and leaves the fire and is gone for some time but eventually returns rolling a small cask of ale towards the warband. "I was getting thirsty" he says with a smile as he cracks the top of the cask open....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:09 am

[OoC: So what does the fashionably dressed Vidar wear around camp (and in battle)?]

As the young priest wanders a peaceful thran he wears a leather vest with russet leggings and russet tunic, a pair of leather gauntlets hang from his belt.

When adorned for battle he has worn upon his head a kurbal 1/2 helm, he also wears a quilt cowl and quilt gambeson, his gauntlets protect his delicate hands
Razz
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:39 pm

After dipping your cups into the cask several times the fatigue of the day begins to win out over your exhuberations.

The thranhold remains active during the evening, several men patrol the compound wary of any sign of uprising. The captives remain tied and guarded and held within one of the clanhouses. Men move to and fro inside the thranhold going about their own business, the scent of roasted goose hangs in the air. The smoke from the fire drifts lazily towards the darkening sky.

With the evening quite warm most of you decide to sleep on top of your blankets tonight.

One by one you drift off to sleep the first to go anounced by the slight snores emanating from his sleeping gear is Algared. His snores bring on a smirk from the warband.

It is not long before you are all asleep. The night, however, does not stay so mild and soon a chill creeps into the night air. By high Yael you have all crawled under your blankets to continue your rest.....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

If Barak is awake at midnight, he'll grab his spear and prowl around checking everything is okay. He is not happy sleeping in the proximity of prisoner warriors, so he will discretely check they are secure and the guards are awake before retiring to his sleeping roll.

As Barak rises he stirs his companions who like himself are sleeping lightly. Barak notices hands flash to daggers as heads lift from slumber, the others are quick to recognise their companion and return back to sleep.

With Yael only a fraction of it's size there is little in the way of ambient light to guide your way through the unfamiliar surroundings. You make your way slowly around the thranhold compound. You find the guards awake and alert as they challenge your approach to the prisoners. Knowing that all is well you make your way back to where your companions sleep. The light from the fires embers guides you back to your sleeping area.

When Barak returns despite his efforts to keep quiet he disturbs several of the warband as again heads lift and hands flash to weapons. Once they realise that it is Barak that approaches they return to sleep. Soon Barak is asleep.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 pm

For his part, Vidar sleeps like a contented log. As you have all heard from idle conversation after the combat, Vidar is quite pleased with the warband's courage and prowess after what he considers a blessed day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6