From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21 Peonu 720

+6
Sigrun Surenaal
Barak Daas
Bjarni Daasen
Eijryk Orbaason
Kugald Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

21 Peonu 720 - Page 3 Empty Re: 21 Peonu 720

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm

"I don't want to be sitting in the meadhall. If the Daas has no work for us, and we are decided upon waiting on his word, then I will be going hunting. But I don't think we should sit here like idle lapdogs waiting for the Daas' next command. There is no fame or fortune in that. By drinking ale, we are not doing anything about the Dagen. We should have a plan. Either to aid in the war, or to do our own thing. If the plan is to aid the Daas, then we should take it to him, not meekly hope that he remembers us and throws us some scraps."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"I don't want to be sitting in the meadhall. If the Daas has no work for us, and we are decided upon waiting on his word, then I will be going hunting. But I don't think we should sit here like idle lapdogs waiting for the Daas' next command. There is no fame or fortune in that. By drinking ale, we are not doing anything about the Dagen. We should have a plan. Either to aid in the war, or to do our own thing. If the plan is to aid the Daas, then we should take it to him, not meekly hope that he remembers us and throws us some scraps."

'Indeed cousin we know that supplies must be stretched and his larder thin, and when the king comes I imagine he'll expect our lords hospitality to boot. So doing what we can to aid the war effort would be valuable. We have the means within our band and aboard the farvie to either fish the the river, or hunt the hills for game. There are those amongst us who are skilled at fighting and could train others even to train others in warfare. We could even or even careen the farvie and ensure she is one hundred percent ready for action and fully repaired. I spent most of the day recording and sorting the stores aboard before going to the area i usually find solace and peace to conduct some research. That said I still relish the idea of a couple of days to continue my research. I would suggest Kugald that once we decide what action we would like to carry out in the quiet before the storm that we then take the proposal to the Daas especially if it will take us away from the Thran, or involves taking the farvie out, then he will know we are seeking to to be proactive, and may even temper the plans with his own instructions."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 pm

"I don't want to damnpen your enthusiasm, but if we are caught in open water in the Farvie by even a small warboat we will be run down and slaughtered. Am I right Sigrun."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:44 pm

"All the more reason to ensure the farvie is bought upto her best abilities then by what ever means we have available to us. a few days will certainly aid most of our band, the strains of our trek before the rush to get the farvie ready did severely tax our reserves. We're ready and willing to move if needed but a few days taking it easy would probably be worthwhile as well... a little like tempering the steel."

Turning to Eirjyk algared says, Forgive my sulleness. The first healer, we had the fortune of having in our band was very skilled but fractious and caused grief at every turnto our band. Hervold insulted me and called me a coward, I am glad he returned safely since many more daasmen would have died without his care. But his public insults to me I cannot forgive. But my experiences with these physiains should not be a cause for hostility toward you."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Eijryk sits silent for a while as he listens to the others in the band talking. He didn't realize they want to head off again so soon now that they just got home, and is a little confused at first. When Algared apologizes to him and explains why he doesn't like Hervold, Eijryk smiles at him.
"No offense taken, my friend.", he says. "Then I shall do my best to redeem the reputation of my guild among you, if you still think you may need a physician that is. Why did Hervold insult you?"

He continues looking at all the companions gathered around the table now.
"I have some kind of agreement with Hervold that I can work in his apothecary workshop until the King arrives. It's not what I would prefer to do, but it seems there is no need for more physicians here at the moment. I'm sure it will later though, when the fighting starts. Then herbal potions for healing and treatment will be needed as well, so I thought I might as well do something good in preparation for what shall come."

"I'm not interested in going on simple fishing or hunting trips as I think I can be of more use here then, but if you are going on some longer adventure for a more specific reason then I might come along, if you don't mind."

He empties his mug and starts to look around the hall for Gelda.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

To Algared: "well if we lighten her up, and carry about four less people we may get a bit more speed out of her. But seeing as no one will want to be left behind let me take a look at her again and I will see what I can do."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 am

Sigrun thinks deeply at Bjarni's words. "Well, it's hard to say. The Farvie is just a fishing boat, and if we were in the open, then yes, a warship would sink us easily. But in the tight places on the rivers, it's a lot more even, as it will be harder to maneuver... and I know these waters better than the Ibanvaalers. Ultimately, the problem is that a warship would likely have more warriors aboard than we do, so if it comes to being boarded, we'd be in trouble. We'd have to be willing to use flaming arrows, and quickly. It's not the fairest way to fight, but being killed isn't all that fair, no matter how you look at it."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:45 am

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:

"I'm not interested in going on simple fishing or hunting trips as I think I can be of more use here then, but if you are going on some longer adventure for a more specific reason then I might come along, if you don't mind."

'Well I'm sure a simple hunting trip would be a herb gathering trip for you.' Algared says with a smile.

Bjarni Daasen wrote:To Algared: "Well if we lighten her up, and carry about four less people we may get a bit more speed out of her. But seeing as no one will want to be left behind let me take a look at her again and I will see what I can do."

"Lighteniong her up would be possible if we placed the stores in a bonding house. Even so even with nine of us we weren't overladened even with the supplies, though we do have supplies enough to carry out repairs if required and while we are not being rushed to get her ready to set sail we may be able to carry out any repairs that will help her to fly even faster than she did on the way home." Algared says inresponse to Bjarni.

Listening as Sigrun speaks, Algared nods his head "Personally I have no problem burning their boats even better if we can burn them on the beaches. But while my cousin wishes to run off again. I would caution against it if merely to let ourselves more time to recover from the privations we have endured in recent weeks. For I imagine we will once more face hardships when we march to war once more."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 pm

When he finishes his ale Barak calls Gelda over: "What does a warrior have to do around here to get some food?" he jests, "What are you offering tonight?" he asks.
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 am

While your group sits around drinking ale the number of patrons increases as the day draws to a close. The tradesman, farmers and labourers gather in the hall to chat about the day. There are some obviously not from Ygesdram who knot together in (what are to them) famliar groups and chat. None seem to be unduly secretive about their conversations.

While you are in the hall it would seem that most of those in attendance partake of an ale or two (perhaps three) before leaving the hall and perhaps returning to their clanhouses.

Jabor's staff move about the hall in a well practiced pattern. Ensuring that jugs of ale are quickly brought out to replace the empty ones. One in particular catches (not just) Bjarni's attentions, Algared informs you that she is Shella Anders a neice to the Valhakar of clan Anders. Shella a woman in her late 20's with large breasts (some say the reason she got the job) and rather attractive to match, she also has a a lovely singing voice.

After Barak calls to Gelda she quickly makes her way to his table "Pay like the rest" she says smiling broadly as she responds to Baraks request for food.

"There are slim pickings this night" she says to Barak "we have a pork pottage, with bread and dried fruit"
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 am

"Pork pottage? What you need around here is a hunter. They'd not let you eat pork pottage" responds Barak "I'll have some. And how about some cheese to go with the bread?" He then turns to the rest of the table and asks "Anyone else for pork pottage?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Eijryk looks up at Gelda and smiles "I'll have some of that pork pottage as well and some cheese with the bread would be very nice too. Then another ale to wash it down please."

When Gelda has left he looks over at Shella Anders as she moves through the hall and asks Algared interestedly "So she is not a thrall of Jabor then? And who is the Valhakar of clan Anders?"
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm

"Hot food is hot food. I'll have some."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

"As will I. You never know, we could be sent off somewhere tomorrow and not have a hot meal for a while."
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Jurri gestures to Kugald and they step off into the corner to talk for a few minutes.

When they return, Kugald says to the group, "Things are starting to move again. I need everyman to meet me at the Runestone tomorrow at the beginning of the third watch. Come armed and armoured."

"I will say no more for now."

TTYL

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Eijryk looks up at the weaponsmith. "Does that include me as well, captain?" he asks, being uncertain if he is true part of the band yet or if he just get to hang with them since he barely knows anyone else here.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugald Daas Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:05 pm

"Aye, Eijryk, any who wish to be part of the crew."

- Kerry
Kugald Daas
Kugald Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Apart from throwing on his leather jerkin and his helmet, Bjarni is as armoured as he can get right now. "Someone remember to wake me in time for breakfast"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm

"Will it be a long journey? Do we need to bring food?", Eijryk asks after a few seconds thinking whether he should join the party or stay here in Ygesdram helping Hervold the Herbalist. Obviously his decision was the former.
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Algared being called back by Kugald and informed sighs deeply knowing that he will be unlikely able to carry out any significant research, then asks, 'Will we need supplies?"

Last edited by Algared on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to fit better with Jurri's response and his own response to Jurri.)
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jurri Grebel Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Jurri will look at Algared and Eijryk.

"Kugald has said all that was needed. It would be best if you don't over-think this."

Jurri Grebel
Jurri Grebel

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 pm

"It is probably just a practice session to ensure we can fight in formation"

[OoC: if we're meeting in the 3rd watch, there'd be time to get supplies in the morning, by the light of day. Anyway, why do we need supplies with Barak the might hunter, Borygg the mighty trout tickler, and Algared the mighty cook? ;-) ]
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:31 am

Jurri Grebel wrote:Jurri will look at Algared and Eijryk.

"Kugald has said all that was needed. It would be best if you don't over-think this."

"Hrmmm good thinking, Jurri. least i suppose I'll be able to carry out a little research during the second watch.' Algared then departs returning to his clans house.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 am

With the crowd in the hall now thinned down to those here to drink, eat or do both. The serving staff slow down some too, now able to stop and chat briefly with the halls patrons.

The warband occupy their table for some time enjoying the ale provided by the servants. You are served a rather weak pork stew and a loaf of rye bread. Feasting on the pork and the few vegetable pieces in the stew you mop up the juices with the loaf of bread.

With the meal finished the empty bowls and tankards are scattered about the table when Jurri enters the hall.

He joins the warband briefly before talking with Kugald in private before once again excusing himself before leaving the hall and out in the growing darkness.

With Jurri's depature Algared bids his companions a good night and heads back to his clanhouse for the night.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeuol Djaon Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:42 am

Zeuol slips into the hall as the others are ordering the dinner, and joins his companions. He listens to the conversation, but does not join in.

When Kulgard tells the group of the planned meeting, the Savoryan Sage just nods.

Afterwards on the walk back to Kulgard's family home, Zeuol tells the man, "Captain, just so you know, I'm not a man of cloth, but that's all nearly all I have. I hope leathers and sealskin will do for tomorrow."
Zeuol Djaon
Zeuol Djaon

Character sheet
Birthdate:

https://menglana.rpg-board.net/zeuol-djaon-f37/zeuol-djaon-s-cha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next