From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 Peonu 720

+6
Eijryk Orbaason
Borygg Raal
Algared
Bjarni Daasen
Barak Daas
GM
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

28 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 28 Peonu 720

Post  Borygg Raal Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:28 pm

"The only people I saw them talk to were Madrin and the ostler. A couple of them were out of sight in the stables for a few minutes while they got their horses ready. Unless there was someone in there, I don't think they talked to anyone."

OOC: Borygg watched the stables for a few minutes after the Ibanvaalers left. Did he see anyone come out?

Post by GM No, no one else left the stable.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigrun Surenaal Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Sigrun guides the Farvie back to Ygesdram.

"Algared, we're going to need a better plan. We have but one boat, so if we stay with the fishing fleet, we can't chase anyone slipping away."
Sigrun Surenaal
Sigrun Surenaal

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 am

By late afternoon the 'Farvie' has made land and has moored near the docks in Ygesdram. As usual the docks are a hive of activity at this time of day, the fishing boats are unloading their days catch, while a larger vessel is tied alongside as the longshoreman go about unloading its cargo. The shipwright and his workers are working on the hull of a small knarr, making repairs to the corking it would seem from your vantage point.

After securing the boat, the crew go about cleaning the gear that has been used throughout the day. The rain has fallen all day and so the canvas shelter remains in place to allow for somewhere dry for the crew to take shelter from the rain.

Even now the rain continues to fall as a drizzle, making conditions uncomfortable. Arms and backs ache from the exhertions of the day and each of the crew speaks of rewarding their efforts of the day with an ale and a hot meal.

There are still a few vessels absent from the docks once you return but by the time the crew have prepared the boat for its next journey all the vessels have returned and are in various stages of cleaning up. All of the vessels return from the west though and none raise your suspicions when they reutrn. You note that none of the boats seem to have done well with their fishing today and most have barely a basket or two for their days efforts.

After a change of clothes your crew are ready to make their way to the meadhall....
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

28 Peonu 720 - Page 2 Empty At the Meadhall...

Post  GM Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 am

The rain continues to fall as drizzle and the clouds hang grey and low in the evening sky. The view to east has the mountian range still hidden by the low clouds and heavy rain falling upon its western slopes promising a heavy down pour for the thran in the imminent future. The wind continues to gust from the south east and it is only several layers of clothing and a stout cloak that prevents a chill entering the body.

Borygg and Eijryk are the first to arrive in the meadhall, arriving early in the afternoon they sit and await the arrival of their companions. When they first arrive the hall is near empty with but a few patrons. It would seem that the inclement weather is keeping everyone home unless their business requires them to be out and then it seems only if an emergency.

It is near dark by the time the rest of the warband have assembled. Barak and Bjarni have changed out of their wet and muddy clothes, Bjarni has treated his foot and walks with a slight limp as he favours his injured foot. Sigrun, Algared and Zeoul too have changed from their wet and salt encrusted clothing and like their companions have washed the worst of the days dirt from their bodies.

Gelda flicks Barak a quick smile as she enters the hall and sees him there for the first time this evening, making her way to the warband she quickly takes their orders for food and drink and disappears, returning later with several trays laden with tankards of ale. Gelda returns a few moments later with two jugs of ale that she places upon your table "That should keep you busy for a little while" she says before once more flashing a smile at everyone but lingering a little longer upon Barak.

Taking a seat by the fire they are once again together and are enjoying an ale and are quick to scoff down the hot meal of stewed mutton with assorted vegetables and finished off with a hot pudding. A platter of cheese and fruit is then served for them to nibble upon to sate their hunger.

By this time though the number of patrons has increased and the staff of the hall once again find themselves busy as they move from table to table serving the growing crowd.

Several of the working girls are seen moving amongst the crowd offering some conversation with the patrons before either leading them out of the hall or moving on to the next table. It is not long before they have joined your table as they take a seat upon the knees of Eirjyk, Borygg, Bjarni and Zeoul. It would seem that they know to leave Algared and Barak alone.....
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 am

Sigrun Surenaal wrote:Sigrun guides the Farvie back to Ygesdram.

"Algared, we're going to need a better plan. We have but one boat, so if we stay with the fishing fleet, we can't chase anyone slipping away."

"Indeed we will Sigrun, I doubt we would have been able to spy any exchange amongst the fleet either." Algared says as they work there way back to port. "Once we meet in the meadhall we'll listen to suggestions. And with Kugald gone I am not even sure we are still officially the crew for the Farvie."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:09 am

Eijryk orders some ale when he and Borygg arrives and later when they are all gathered he orders food and more to drink. He tells the others what he has seen and heard around the Ibanvaaler guests at the clanhouse even if it was nothing notable.
"They were quick at getting packed and move out of the thran as soon as they got Daas decision. I never saw them speak to anyone beside myself and my relatives as long as they stayed inside the clanhouse. Barak, did you see anything on your little trip? Must have been wet out there?", the last question is said with a slight hint of mischief.

When the girls show up and one of them sits on his knee he lightens up. "Where have you been? I have been looking for you ever since I got here.", he smiles at her.

Post by GM The girl smiles and with a hint of mishcief says "I've been a bit busy, I hope I haven't kept you waiting to long?"
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Barak can't hide his surprise when Eijryk states the delegation went east up the road. He responds "It was a lovely day out there - it was good to stretch the legs for a change. Nothing like a bit of bracing air to blow away the cobwebs."

He lowers his voice so as to make it harder for other patrons of the meadhall to overhear their conversation: "Bjarni and I saw no sign of spies or any other people to speak off, the road was clear for miles. Nor did we see the Ibanvaal delegation - I am surprised we missed a troop of horsemen on the road. Are you sure they did not go some other way?".

To Algared he says: "We shouldn't really discuss our work here, in public, now that Kugald has gone south, do you think there is anywhere else we can meet in private?"
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Barak Daas wrote:
To Algared he says: "We shouldn't really discuss our work here, in public, now that Kugald has gone south, do you think there is anywhere else we can meet in private?"
"We might be able to meet at the Orbasson clanhouse. I'm certain that Bjarri and his wife won't mind and they are definately no supporters of the Dagen. So no risk there", Eijryk suggests as an alternative for the party to meet to discuss in private. But that was before he got distracted...

GM wrote:Post by GM The girl smiles and with a hint of mishcief says "I've been a bit busy, I hope I haven't kept you waiting to long?"
"I'm afraid you have. But I'm sure we can make up for it." he says. Then he turns back to Barak with a wry smile "It looks like the clanhouse is unavailable for tonight."
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 pm

"if we need someplace to meet other than here we can meet at my father's if he doesnt like it, then I shall see the Daas about a thranhouse of for my own for our use. I know that with it will come all the obligations that come with it but maybe it is also time I start looking to the future and a wife oneday" Algared chuckles to himself, not that he has every really caught the eye of any of the girls within the thran, most seemed to give Kugald their attention after all he was always the smaller and less heroic not to mention awkward of the two when they were younger not to mention he has been away and then there is the war... Algared thinks to himself the list of obstacles seems endless.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Eijryk Orbaason wrote:"I'm afraid you have. But I'm sure we can make up for it." he says. Then he turns back to Barak with a wry smile "It looks like the clanhouse is unavailable for tonight."

The girl smiles "That will cost you a little more" she says as she cups your chin.
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Eijryk Orbaason Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 am

GM wrote:
The girl smiles "That will cost you a little more" she says as she cups your chin.

"Your embarrassing me in front of my friends. Let's talk more somewhere else shall we?" he suggests and starts an intention to rise.

Post by GM She allows you to rise and then taking your hand she leads you towards the back of the meadhall
Eijryk Orbaason
Eijryk Orbaason

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Eijryk stands and leaves with his lady friend leaving the rest of you to discuss the day.

With Eijryk gone the group is soon joined by Jurri he tells you that his depature has been delayed but he will be heading out tomorrow afternoon once the newly arrived ship has been unloaded. Passage for him has been booked by Cunate Daas and he will then depart for Vulenheim. He asks how the search went today?
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:02 pm

GM wrote:Eijryk stands and leaves with his lady friend leaving the rest of you to discuss the day.

With Eijryk gone the group is soon joined by Jurri he tells you that his depature has been delayed but he will be heading out tomorrow afternoon once the newly arrived ship has been unloaded. Passage for him has been booked by Cunate Daas and he will then depart for Vulenheim. He asks how the search went today?

"Not well," Algared answers "though the fishing fleet, sailed west and the catch was minimal. I imagine the fishing fleets catch today is indicative of the impact of the war and there are some disspirited folk who are feeling feeling angry and put out by the war."

As they talk Algared tries to take note of any who may be paying a little too much attention the group. "Anyway, I think we'll start gathering at my fathers or I'll see the about a cottage if one is available, someplace that may be suitable for our needs."
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 pm

GM wrote:Jurri ... asks how the search went today.
Borygg tells Jurri about he and Eijryk's unfruitful watch over the activities of the Ibanvaalers.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 am

Jurri listens to his companions tales of the days events and then picks out his lyre and begins to pick a familiar tune to entertain the crowd. Gelda continues to ferry ale to their table as the group talk about the events of the day.

As is usual for the meadhall now days there are numerous strangers about the hall many with unfamiliar faces but there are a few that you have seen around although you no little else about them. More than likely though all the strangers are probably from clan Storzar.

Noting the comings and goings around the hall as you chat quietly (as quietly as possible given you are in a raucaus inside the hall) you notice a strager stand up and make his way to the fire where he appears to be warming himself by the fire. A necklace hangs from his neck which shows him to be a priest of Sarajin the other most notable feature are his piercing voilet eyes that scans the hall as if looking for someone.

The priest has come from a table near the wall with two other companions, one a man seems a hunter of some sort judging by the number of furs that adorn his frame, the other a woman would appear to be a shieldmaiden judging by the weapons and armour that she carries. These two sit and remain at their table only the hunter seem to be drinking the ale offered by Shella. The shieldmaiden does little but toy with her tankard...
GM
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:20 am

Barak points over towards the priest, hunter and shield maiden: "Now, if you were looking for some suspicious looking people, you are not likely to see anyone more suspicious than those three. I don't remember that priest round here for a start. Is he staying with you Borygg? Or is he a spy for the Dagen?"

Barak scans the hunter to size up his equipment. Is it well worn, or brand new? Is it the sort of things you'd need on a wilderness trip, or just the sort of stuff people think you need? Does he look weather worn and carrying the calous of using the bow, and the scars of having been in a fight with a bear?

Post by GM His clothing appears to be well worn but he carries no other gear with him apart from two daggers in his belt and an battleaxe, his face is heavily scarred as if he had been attacked by a bear or some similiar creature. He features appear young and perhaps only slightly more weatherworn than some one of a similiar age.

Barak decides he looks to be a real huinter, and not just someone dressed up like one, he'll make his way over. It is not often you see strange hunters around here - and he dosn't need any competition. "You'll drink a mead with me?" he says, signalling Gelda over "What are you doing in these parts?".
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjorn Vetr Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 am

It takes the large man a couple of seconds to realize that someone is talking to him; but eventually he looks up from his tankard, glances left and right nervously toward his friends, then raises his glass toward the stranger. He nods his head and motions toward an empty seat at the table.

"Aye, 'tis good to be welcomed in a strange land. 'M names' Bjorn, my friends and I hail from Orbaal, we answered the call and came across to see how we could help in the war effort."

Not sure what else to say, Bjorn looks around again, and then returns to his tankard of ale.
Bjorn Vetr
Bjorn Vetr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 am

The shieldmaiden eyes the local warily, but makes no overt actions. To draw attention from her assessment, she'll take a sip of her mead.

Since the man does not appear to be addressing her, she will simply watch, wait and listen. Half her attention is for the man at the table, the other keeping an eye on Meldun.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 am

If Bjarni hears the word "Orbaal" he will up anchor and go over to the new group in the corner.

"Orbaal? Did I hear one of you say that you hailed from Orbaal? Well so do I. I am Bjarni, called Sperm Whale."

Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:09 am

"Yes. Orbaal. Marby to be exact. Where do you hail from?"
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 am

"I am from Daasen. I know Marby. Tricky currents out in Pentiel Bay. Ahh, it is good to speak Orbaalese again. I have been away from home a year now." Bjarni seats himself. "So, do you good folk have names?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:43 am

Gesturing across the meadhall, "The priest is Meldun", gesturing to the man seated beside her, "the bear is Bjorn, and I am Bryndis. Sit, drink with us. Tell us of this land."
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 am

"Well met. To be honest, they are mistrustful of strangers here. But once you get to know them they are good enough hosts. I was a whaler at home but here I have a fine mailshirt and stand in the shield wall as a front rank man. As to the war, I have no idea what is happening. Apart from some diplomats, I have yet to see any of the enemy, but I do understand that the Ilbanvaalers roam at will further up the fjord and who knows where in the hills around the thran. That one there", Bjarni gestures to where Barak is talking near the fire with the third stranger , "the one talking to the bearshirt. He is a hunter and we scouted the hills today but saw nothing.

How long have you been here? What is happening at home? I have had no news since I left."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:55 am

"We only just got off the boat," Bryndis will reply. She will share tales from home with Bjarni, speaking Orbaalese at first, but switching to Ivinian when the serving girls comes back around.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:57 pm

It is hard to ignore the fact that one of the band has gone off with one of the working girls, whilst another upon seeing a strange hunter has has gone for a chat. And if that wasn't noticeable then the whale of a man racing across the hall in his eagerness to see the strangers from Orbaal was certainly noticeable.

Algared chuckles "Seems they would rather chat than listen to you play my friend." Algared raises his tankard in greeting and takes a sip but remains where he is chatting with Jurri as he watches the crowd.

A priest but not from around here, Algared ponders wondering how the priest will react to finding two of the Shek P'var in the region. Algared has always believed that while the power may not be divine it was the slayer who granted him the skills, enabling him to use and manipulate the world around him.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next