3 Saraju 720

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

"Wel,l I wasn't thinking from here, Barak but I was thinking from closer to bank. I'd rather not climb down the cliff but there must be an easier way to the waters edge from here." Algared says.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 am

"Yes" quips Barak "You can get to the river's edge at Ygresdram and walk along the base of the cliff from there."

"I think if you want to get down to the river any time soon then you'll have to go down the cliff. It is a fairly easy climb." Barak scans along the cliff edge looking for the easiest place to descend: "Looks like here is the best place to climb".
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:30 am

There is no easy way to this location along the shoreline, there are rockslides and other numerous dangers to contend with along the shoreline, unless you were to approach from the water.

The crowd about you begins to gather until there are over a score of locals standing atop the cliff face. All of them are locals and all of them seem to have the same idea - to gather what ever salvage they might acquire.

Standing at the top of the cliff face while you are deciding where to descend from you see the water begin to stir, at first it looks like the flow of the water is merely increasing, until it begins to build into a whirlpool, the whirpool increases in intensity until it looks like a maelstrom is building and with everyone looking on - fear starting to build among them, a water spout appears rising up to a height of over 12'.

Once it has reached this height with the water still in whirlpool, it looks like two arms and a head form - people begin to back way from the cliff edge.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:04 pm

"Umm..." says Barak "maybe not."

Barak joins the rest in backing well away from the edge, he won't be happy until he is at least 50ft away... or maybe a 100ft. What ever it is, it is not for mortal hunters to deal with, more the sort of thing that Algared or Meldun should tackle. That is if it is hostile. But then it surely sank the boat... maybe a mile away is a better bet.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Eijryk followed the others to inspect the location where the boat sank but didn't take much active part in helping pulling the debris to the shore.

When the water rises and starts to form as arms and head he first stands paralysed in awe just looking at it. Then someone moves into him and that snaps him out of it and he starts to back off as well. Slowly at first, then if it (whatever it might be) shows any sign of aggression he turns and runs the fastest he can away from it.
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

"Whatever it is," says Bjarni as he backs away with the rest, but trying not to look like he is fleeing, "we probably have bigger ones in Orbaal"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 pm

"... and what would you call one of those in Orbaalese then?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Algared steps closer to the edge, this is a being of from the ethereal plane and he employs the ethereal. Algared looks behind him, "Stay back" he orders his voice betraying his fear. He stares at the creature trying to force it to return to it's own domain by force of will.

[Is he able to enter into a mental conflict with the the Elemental]

Post by GM Algared moves forward and with his hands held slighty forward at waist height closes his eyes and sends his mind out in search of this being. After several moments his eyes open as his search has drawn a blank
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"... and what would you call one of those in Orbaalese then?"

"I never stayed around long enough to ask"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Whatever it is," says Bjarni as he backs away with the rest, but trying not to look like he is fleeing, "we probably have bigger ones in Orbaal"

Barak Daas wrote:"... and what would you call one of those in Orbaalese then?"

Without turning his head Algared says "The guild would probably call it a Water Elemental."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 pm

"The "guild", what guild?" Barak ponders out loud before deciding that the Merchantylers must have some reason for keeping this esoteric knowledge to themselves. After a bit more thought he asks "What is an elemental?"

Now that he has been told to get back, he carefully steps back to around 100ft from the cliff edge.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 pm

The being looks to be held to the water and as the spectators move further from the river the being reduces its height until it finally disappears under the water.

Soon the water is once again still, leaving Algared alone standing by the cliff face over looking the river. The rest of the spectators are standing some 100' further back some even further.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Turning to Borygg, Bryndis and Bjarni (and any others of the party there) Barak says "Now what we should do is go back to the cliff and see if that other-worldly apparation comes back. Or there is a pint of ale in the meadhall. Either way, if there is now a water-spout ale-mindy-thingy in the river it is going to make fishing, and trade, more difficult. I am glad I am not going to be the one to tell Cunate the news. I wonder if it will sink the King's warfleet. We will probably have to go down river and warn them. Though we don't know what day they are due."


Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Borygg agrees. "Sure, let's go back up there and see if it comes back. Just be ready to run as that first time may have just been a warning to stay away."
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Barak joins Borygg in cautiously edging forward, signaling for the others to join him.

[OoC: I presume Eijryk is long gone]



Last edited by Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Eijryk Orbaason on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Well since the being never seemed to act overly aggressive besides being very strange for someone not used to vivid moving beings made of pure water, Eijryk didn't bolt that far off and when he sees the other move closer to the cliff after it is gone he joins them though staying some 20 yards behind.

"If that was the cause to the shipwreck I don't think anyone should go sailing on that river until we know for sure it is gone." he says loudly.
avatar
Eijryk Orbaason

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-08-14
Age : 44
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Moving forward the small group are joined by several of the more adventerous spectators. You continue to edge you way closer to the cliff edge. It is not until you stand on the very edge of the cliff that you see the water begin to stir once again as it quickly builds in intensity.

The other spectators take this as a sign and not only move away from the cliff face but head decide to head back towards the thran.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:24 pm

As the waters stir, with people gathering again he shelves an idea he had to try cast a spell to try dispell the the creature and reverts again to trying to engage the creature in a contest of wills as he hopes to be able to force his will on it. Algared sighs in frustration at the crowd, and as his knees shake he tosses a rock at the creature hoping to provoke it to a battle of battle of will. He hopes that this time he will be successful in seeking the presence.

Post by GM With the crowd heading home the water remains calm, picking up a small rock Algared hurls the projectile into the slow running waters of the river where it sinks with a spash. The water remains calm and it does not seem to have provoked the 'being' into action
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Sigrun stays well back. "I've never seen anything like that, in any sea or riverway I've known."
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Barak still dosn't like this whirly ale-mind phenomena. It is beyond his ken. It dosn't seem to be too dangerous, and perhaps it was just nerves which made him imagine a head and arms. Barak watches the spectators disappearing back to the thran: "It won't be long before this is all around the thran. Many will consider it an ill omen. Others will say Jabor must have brewed a stronger mead than usual. But, I suspect that Cunate will not be so quick to dismiss it." Turning to Algared he says "I don't think a stone is going to stop a water spout. Do you have a plan of how to get rid of it? Or are you hoping that if you stare at it enough it will just go away?" To Borygg he adds, "It must be something to do with the wind or the currents. Perhaps if we chucked a large log in to it that will stop the water swirling. Mind you the Navik didn't manage that."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 pm

"I have seen water spouts at sea, but none that had arms," Bjarni grips the small image of Njehu that he wears around his neck. He has an idea and shouts to Algared "Why don't you use your boiling water on it?"

He ponders what the others have said, especially the comment about sinking the king's ships. He turns to them and says "This thing that Algared called an elemental could be a sending of the Dagen to further isolate the thran"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Bryndis stands just back from the cliffedge, eyeing the water.
"Perhaps this is what that third boat was doing while we were fighting. And perhaps this is why they sounded the retreat. They only needed to distract us long enough to curse the waterway."
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 am

"I told you to stay back. It is I believe an ethereal creature or type of spirit that draws an element of the physical world to itself so that it may exert a physical presence. The water is mererly the physical form it. While it cant reach us, at least I dont think it can physically, I want it to lash out with its mind.
Some in the arcane guild can use their magiks to control these and prevent it from forming phyically but they are masters and that is a skill beyond my I think beyond my skill, and I would certainly not want anybody near if I were to try use what minimal skill I have. I believe I'd have a better chance in a mental conflict if I can engage it in one." Algared replies quietly to those of his companions near by.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:47 am

Barak looks at Algared as if he has gone completely daft in the head. "I do not know what you are talking about. You and your weirding ways. You talk of this water spout as if it were alive. It is just water. Water is not alive. I don't know what you are on about. If you want me to go though, I will."

Barak turns to head back away from the cliff edge. He stops when he gets back to where he was (about 100ft away) where he can watch what Algared does.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:44 am

Algared stands atop the cliff face the water remains still, only the ripples of the current can be seen upon the surface of the water.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum