3 Saraju 720

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 pm

"In Marby, before we ran off and started doing our own thing, we normally spoke first to our Valhakar. With the news that the King is dead, and with that thing in the water, everything about this war has just changed. We must be see what the Daas would have us do to best serve Ygesdram."
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 am

"On your head be it," says Barak to Meldun "if any Daas drown."

He then goes to find a place sheltered from the weather whilst waiting for his cousin and the priest to be told what to do by Cunate. He idly checks and straightens the fletching on his arrows. From his resting place he casually remarks to Bjarni "You may find the rope is burnt, and that Jabor is relucant to part with his barrels".
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 am

From his resting place he casually remarks to Bjarni "You may find the rope is burnt, and that Jabor is relucant to part with his barrels".

"I only wanted one filled with ale. Raft building is thirsty work you know," Bjarni says. "The next major thran is only what? Three miles down the road? Could have walked there by now."

Deciding to take some leadership (I know - out of character but what the heck) Bjarni tells a couple of lads to "watch for any vessels coming up river. You warn them to heave to on the far side of the water thing. You run back and get us"

Post by GM The lads listen to you as you give them their instructions "Go play with Sarajin's beard!" says the older of the two as they both head off in the direction they were previously travelling, making sure to give Bjarni a wide both as they continue about their business althoug at a slightly quicker pace.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:45 am

With Algared now inside the thranaal, the rest of the warband are located in the meadhall. You each chat to and listen to stories from the two new arrivals as they both begin to settle, the warmth of the fire seeming to ease their condition.

Mead is brought out to them, and taking the drink they drink the brew slowly, enjoying the warmth course through them. The sailors seem to improve quickly as they sit by the fire drinking mead and they seem none the worse for wear despite their earlier misadventure.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:04 am

Post by GM The lads listen to you as you give them their instructions "Go play with Sarajin's beard!" says the older of the two as they both head off in the direction they were previously travelling, making sure to give Bjarni a wide both as they continue about their business althoug at a slightly quicker pace.

"You little bastards! I'll tan your hides if I catch you," Bjarni shouts after them.

At the meadhall Bjarni will ask the obvious question of the sailors. "Where were you sailing from and to, mates?"

Post by GM The sailors look at each other obviously becoming tired of answering the same questions over and over "We were out of Stimby via Vulenheim on our way here" the second sailor says.

avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 am

With Algared now inside the thranaal, the rest of the warband are located in the meadhall. You each chat to and listen to stories from the two new arrivals as they both begin to settle, the warmth of the fire seeming to ease their condition.

Mead is brought out to them, and taking the drink they drink the brew slowly, enjoying the warmth course through them. The sailors seem to improve quickly as they sit by the fire drinking mead and they seem none the worse for wear despite their earlier misadventure.

Having watched the two men warming themselves by the fire, Meldun brings another round of mead to them both. He looks to the one that has been doing most of the talking, "You and Hervaal are lucky to have survived. Alaryr looked upon the two of you, and your mission, with favor, and ensure your message was delivered. I am sure the Daas has been made aware of your situation, and your message."

Meldun takes a long pull from his own mead before continuing, "Today I will pray for your 13 lost shipmates, that their souls will find their way to dine in Talagaad this night." Meldun will slowly walk away from the fire toward his sea chest and being looking through his belongings.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Algared arrives back after spending time with the Daas, in the greathall. He first asks if finds Barak and Borryg, knowing they were initaly intending to head to the neighbouring thrans. "The Daas is arranging for messengers to redirect the fishing fleet and any vessels." Algared says before adding "There will be a feast tonight we will be attending, the elemental is the newest weapon in our war against the Dagan."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Algared will find Barak in the meadhall practicing his Orbaalese with Bryndis and others.

"And how does the river not being navigatable defeat the Dagen?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:09 am

"It was a summoned by me as a weapon to be used against the Dagan, the Daas had instructed me to to develop a means that we can use against the Dagan. I was sworn to secrecy regarding the research. It is an Elemental of water, a being of water. A casting was made this morning the being was asked initally to prevent the landing of any warboats, and has made its dwelling below the cliffs. However, its understanding of language is rudimentary and it attacked the large vessel believing it was doing as it had agreed. I needed to communicate with it once more.

I want to know how large an area it wants to use as its dwelling, more research on the creature is needed to enable better control and a better means of connumicating. Let the Dagan try send his boats to the thran again, none will land while the Elemental is here."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:15 am

"It was a summoned by me as a weapon to be used against the Dagan, the Daas had instructed me to to develop a means that we can use against the Dagan

After his initial astonishment, Bjarni shakes his head and laughs "In Peranland on Harn there is a game played with the severed head of a gargun. What you have just told us would be called an 'own goal' by the barbarians"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:11 am

Algared shrugs, "How badly is your hull is still leaking Bjarni... And how long would a hole like that have taken to heal to heal?

The creature was given instructions it mis understood, I was endeavouring to reestablish contact but people coming closer prevented I and were hampering the magik. I was trying to regain its attention by throwing the pebble. It is no mere accident that I meditate at the location each day. The creature dwells near there in the spiritual plane I have finally managed to open the way for it to enter the physical plane."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

"Thirteen good men are dead." is all Barak says.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"Thirteen good men are dead." is all Barak says.

Algared's bows his head, sighs deeply and clears his throat as he turns away, "And we now have a water elemental here that here that is available in the war against the Dagan."

Algared begins to stride away towards the hill once more after saying, "We have work to do before tonight, I would appreciate you assisstance."


Last edited by Algared on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gramatical corrections)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:22 pm

"What do we need to take with us?" says Barak.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Barak Daas wrote:"What do we need to take with us?" says Barak.

"Cheer up, shipmates. You don't make an <insert Ivinian egg dish> without breaking a few eggs first," says Bjarni. "At least we know the water thingy is on our side...sort of"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun May 01, 2011 7:48 am

Barak Daas wrote:"What do we need to take with us?" says Barak.

Stopping at the door Algared says, "Bring your equipment with you." He leads the warband back to the hill, he less people will want to hang around there and so have a chance for uninterupted or having their planning listened to.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 01, 2011 10:21 am

Barak gathers up his gear and follows Algared.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sigrun Surenaal on Sun May 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Sigrun will go and offer what help she can.
avatar
Sigrun Surenaal

Posts : 280
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 44
Location : Cambridge, MA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun May 01, 2011 3:42 pm

The warband gather their gear and head west towards 'Algared's Glade' as the small clearing along the coast has now been called.

Once you arrive it nearing high Nolomar, the thin white clouds have a slight hint of grey through them but without the hint of rain, they do little to keep the warmth of Nolomar at bay, however, the day is still cool thanks to the wind blowing in from the south west keeping the temperature down.

The view of the river from you vantage point indicates that all is peaceful in the water at the moment, the current is flowing slowly towards the west and the water seems calm and without disturbance.

No one else is about as the warband arrive at the small clearing and the sounds of the insects and birds abound and the warband finds themselves alone amid the peace of the small wood.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Barak strings his bow and selects an arrow with a straight shaft...
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun May 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Having explained the reason he called them to the glade, and as the band discuss their activities and how to best facilitate the ruse, Algared suggests they train or repair their equipment as intended if fit to train as initally intended.

Algared ensures that he goes nearer the edge and casts spells, or appears to cast spells.

To hios companions he says "If we're bing watched... I may as well make it look like doing something magical.... just in case we're being watched."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun May 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Once the discussion is done, Barak says "If we're being watched then we need to know who is watching us. If we're not being watched then I will see if I can find anything to add to the feast. Either way I am off hunting, if you are still here when I come back I will join you in some training with arms." with that he nocks his arrow and stalks off in to the trees, leaving his shield and spear in the care of Bjarni.

Poat by GM Barak wanders about the small wooded area searching for sign, occassionaly he kneels down to check the ground before standing up and heading roughly westward in search of a quarry. He is last seen several hundred yards to the west cresting a small rise before disappearing down the far side.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Meldun Jarlaka on Mon May 02, 2011 3:45 am

Meldun watches as Barak crests the hill.

"Do you think he will be safe out there alone?" He says to nobody particular.

Meldun will turn his attention to his armor, checking for any repairs that are needed prior to training.
avatar
Meldun Jarlaka

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Meridian, Idaho

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 am

"Barak is probably one of the few who are more at home in the woods than in the thran, I'll be honest I've never liked it when he wanders off alone but if I were to try assist him I know we'd not manage to find anything."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon May 02, 2011 11:57 am

Barak returns after maybe a watch, a half watch before dusk.

"I could not find signs of any watchers. There are plenty of prints but that is not suprising after this morning." he says to Algared. More generally he says "But I did find this..." holding up a brace of a hare "though it cost me an arrow. I think I will give one to Jabor for his hospitality and the other to Cunate as his due."

Barak joins in with whatever combat practice is going on, or will volunteer to help Sigrun with her bow practice, before heading back to the thran with the rest of the group.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum