17 Saraju 720

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:42 am

Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

During the night the winds drop and the night air becomes still and the temperature begins to build, blankets are flicked back to allow each warrior to remain comfortable during the night. A fog begins to form within the thranaal slowly building but soon it blankets the thranaal and dampens the noise around. The wind barely gusts at all and when it does so the slight gusts can barely be felt as they blow from the south east. The slight cloud cover clears to allow Yael to shine in all its glory from the sky above.

Pre dawn the wind picks up ever so slightly and continues to come in from the south east but it does little to drive away the blanket of fog that has gathered about the thranaal.

With Yael now resting behind the western horizon, Nolomar once again begins its journey through the sky as it crests the mountains to the east. The feint glow does little to disturb the resting warband and it is not before a young lad gathering a flock together that the warband are awoken as the animals begin to call as the lad approaches.

The thranaal is still blanketed in thick veil of fog as the warband arise and prepare for the new day...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Stiring from his slumber, Algared fetches some wood for the fire to warm the band then gingerly heads of towards the well in order to find a bucket of water in which he can wash. He will also refill his water skin. Returning to his companions he will check that his bandages didn't come loose during the night. He will dress in cleaner clothes and set those he wore during the battle aside for repair and cleaning. He will when opportunity arises seek a local woman who is willing to aid him in cleaning and repairing them, but before he does that he place to spend some time contemplating the mysteries of his craft and then paying a visit to Thorin, he hopes Thorin recovered from shock and plans to help wash and redress Thorin's wound (and attempt a casting of Azure hand while trying to carry out the casting as part of the changing of bandages if he is able to).


Last edited by Algared on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Barak will get up quickly and without a fuss get fully dressed all the time keeping a watchful eye on the gate. He won't be happy until he has his belt and weapons upon his waist "Thick fog like this would be an ideal cover for an attack."

When he breaks his fast with cold oatcakes and cheese he will ask all present "What are your plans for the day? Make do and mend will do me. I may also look to see if I can barter a few coins for anything interesting. If the weather stays as cold and dank as this we may do well to see if the Valkhar has room in his clanhouse for some more Dass."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:57 am

Barak Daas wrote:Barak will get up quickly and without a fuss get fully dressed all the time keeping a watchful eye on the gate. He won't be happy until he has his belt and weapons upon his waist "Thick fog like this would be an ideal cover for an attack."

When he breaks his fast with cold oatcakes and cheese he will ask all present "What are your plans for the day? Make do and mend will do me. I may also look to see if I can barter a few coins for anything interesting. If the weather stays as cold and dank as this we may do well to see if the Valkhar has room in his clanhouse for some more Dass."

"Indeed cousin, to be honest I wasn't initially trying to find a place to sleep just rest and be out of the way." Algared smiles weakly wincing at the pain his wounds give him as hi shifts. We would do well to see the Daas these sticks may be important ... Then again they may be nothing.

I also hope to see Thorin, hopefully he will have recovered from the shock he was in from his wounds. I would like to take these clothes and have them repaired and washed as well as cleaning my wounds when possible and I may be able to assist in the washing of wounds of others.

It would be good to try find locals or others in need of a warband who may be an ideal supplement to our band. Otherwise we will need to speak to the Daas about a possible supplement to our band.

I am also interested in what Bryn can tell us about the Ravens."


Last edited by Algared on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 am

"Yes, I could do with finding a hideworker who knows how to use needle and thread. My boot could do with stitching and I'd rather not have to do it myself."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 am

Mid 2nd watch - End 2nd watch

As Nolomar rises in the eastern sky the fog begins to thin until a thin mist hangs over the thran. Visibility has increased to several hundred yards. Those about the thran continue to go about their morning rountines. It seems that there are a growing number of shrouded bodies about the thran too.

Algared seeks out Thorin but when he enters the clanhouse that housed Thorin, he finds the huscarl gone, at first Algared is not able to find out what happened to the warrior, those he speaks to first have no idea on what happened to the huscarl. Algared soon learns that the huscarl has been moved from the clanhouse earlier this morning as the huscarl succumbed to his wound earlier this morning.

As Barak and Algared begin to search the thran for a hideworker and seamstress starts it soon becomes apparent that the clans in Abderheim are busy tending to the normal business of the clan. Unfortunately, most clans are tending to the burial rights and needs of their clansmen.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:42 am

Thorin's death weighs heavily upon Algared. The loss of his friend and his inability to help him in his time of need leaves Algared feeling ill. So far most of those taken in the war have been known to him but none have been among those he particularly viewed as friends. Algared thinks to himself, 'I should have tried my magic last night, not that it would have done any good ... I couldn't even heal my own wounds last night'. He will search out the body of his friend and pay his respects.

Finding so many of the Thran's folk engaged in carrying out preparations for burial Algared gives up on finding someone who is willing to launder and repair his clothes (their activity being a reminder to him of how little his gift has helped the Daas. Algared gathers his gear and tries to find lodgings for himself and his companions. He will once settled (whether in a hall, stable or back where they slept the previous night) he will clean his wounds, asking Bryndis if she would be willing to assist him with bandaging them again (he will attempt Azure Hand and will try to disguise the casting as part of the cleaning process).



Last edited by Algared on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 am

If Barak can find no one to mend his boot (he'll be checking amongst the Daas host, not just the locals) the he will just have to see them up for himself. He has the equipment. The results are unlikely to be pretty but it should be functional.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am

Moving about the thran your warband runs into Meldun as he goes about his business, he informs you that a mass pyre is being erected to the north of the thran where they intend to send off the Ibanvaal dead. Numerous smaller pyres and cairns are being erected to the west, north and south of the thran as family members take care of their dead.

You also hear that the 'Ravens' have left the thran to search the southern boundaries for any Ibanvaal approach, numerous smaller scouting parties have already left to watch for any approaching Ibanvaal warriors.

Algared is able to find a clanhouse willing to take the small warband in and offer them a roof over their heads and a hot meal for the duration of their stay. "The food will be nothing special but it will be hot and should fill the belly, the roof will be enough to keep the rain off and the hearth fire will be warm enough to keep a chill at bay" the older woman informs Algared.

Once the warband have settled into the clanhouse they are introduced to those that occupy the building. The clan Haal a small clan of farmers, hold the clanhouse, the oldest male Taaraas was killed early in the siege taking an arrow in the chest. The clanhouse now occupied by Kalise his wife, his elderly father Narri, oldest son Bleyn who has also been involved with the defence of the thranaal and has killed several Ibanvaal warriors who dared gain the gatehouse wall and two younger twin daughters Tinea and Rinea. The clanhouse has now been turned into a huge barracks which now houses nearly two dozen Daas warriors.

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Algared graciously thanks the head of the household and the older woman for their generosity. Although depressed by his friends death he is also conscious that this small clan has suffered a greater loss in a similar manner.

Algared asks Meldun what arrangements are being made for their friend as he would like to help. While Algared and Meldun may not be good friends, Thorin was their companion and friend.


Last edited by Algared on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : realised I was thinking of Madrin, not Meldun the priest who didnt really know Thorin.)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Bjarni has been quiet and sullen this past day. He does his best to find a decent pin to hold his cloak together. He is not fussy - an iron one would suffice. He didn't know Thorin other than by name so cannot muster much emotion at the news of his demise. He will clap Algared on the shoulder though and shrug.

{OoC}Neil - I am not sure that actually took any actual wounds other than some bruising in the fight. If I did then obviously would clean and bind etc. I suspect my mail has a few broken rings, but there is not much I can do about that at the moment.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 am

Bryndis will spend the day making sure the warbands gear is in fighting order, either finding someone who can make repairs or repairing herself as necessary (assuming she can find the tools to make any needed repairs).

As she is traveling throughout the thran, she will keep an eye out for anyone who looks restless with their plight. She'll watch for anyone who might be doing training or weapons exercises, to gauge skills. At some point she'll also work out her own kinks in a little light sparring, should she be able to find a willing sparring partner.

Mostly, she tries to be useful and stay out of the way. Not knowing any of the dead personally, she doesn't want to be underfoot or offer offense at her seeming lack of emotion. Failing all else, she'll follow Meldun around and help him however he needs help.

[OoC: apologies for my absense....holidays and connectivity issues kept me away far longer than I intended...]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 am

With the warband now setup within the clanhouse you each occupy a small area of floor space that allows you rest your bodies and mend your clothing and equipment. Later that morning Barak finds Sordi Daas, Ygesdrams hideworker on his travels and asks him to repair to his boot that was ruined by an Ibanvaal spear, Sordi smiles as he listens to Barak's story of the fight.

Sordi too carries the bandages of an injury although he tells Barak it is nothing more than a scratch as he retells of his fight down in the meadow.

The clanhouse fills with the smell of cooking as the smell of stewing meat and vegetables from the pot which hangs above the hearth fire.

Your small warband is able to catch up with quite a few familiar faces as you wander the thran during the early morning. You hear of the growing number of Daas that have been sent to Taalagaard, along with an proportional number of the small clans. As you sit and chat in the clanhouse it becomes increasingly obvious that the Daas will not be able to hold against the Ibanvaal forces without the rest of Menglana joining the fight soon.

There is also an increasing resentment growing amid the host of the King and his reluctance to aid the Daas. Even with the King dead, their should be other major clans now joining the fight.

Bjarni is offered a cloak pin by the now widow of the household, suitable to keep his cloak attached, even with the day being warm there is little interest in wearing such a heavy garment. "My husband wore this, I hope it brings you more luck!" she adds when she offers you the cloak pin.

Bryn not sure of what to do or where to be, follows her companion Meldun about the thran as he visits each clanhouse offering his prayers and words of wisidom, Meldun soon becomes frustrated at her presence and bids her find something else to do as he is very busy and does not require her about right now. Bryn decides to return to the clanhouse where the rest her companions are still sitting about chatting with the family and the others that have been accommodated within the clanhouse.

Later that morning Sordi enters the clanhouse and offers Barak his boot back, the hole has been repaired and to Barak's eye the repairs look to be of good quality. "You can pay me when we return to Ygesdram" he adds before leaving the clanhouse.

With high Nolomar approaching, Kalise the widow offers each of those within her walls a bowl of stew, it is a thin stew obviously having been renewed often, but contains pieces of pork and goose, it is thickened slightly by some vegetables that have been added frequently. The stew is hot and accompanied by a loaf of rye bread and a small portion of goat cheese. Kalise apologises for the food offered stating that "times are hard on us all right now"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:28 am

Algared smiles at Kalise as she explains the stew is not much, "It is a feast good lady and I thankyou greatly for your hospitality." Algared will also later give Kalise some of his own rations to suppliment the food.

[OOC: How old were the daughter's, if they aren't children Algared like most likely all the men will try to strike up a conversation. There will come a time when he wants a wife. Smile ]

He will find a quiet place and redress his wounds, casting Azure hand, while trying to disguise the casting as part of the normal treatment. (if successful he will stil rebandage the location as well). Once his castings are finished he then takes out the sticks and crystal and will attempt to cast 'Attune' on each in the hope that if they are enchanted he will be able to determine then know their purpose.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:39 pm

As the clansmen discuss the fortunes of Clan Daas standing against Ibanvaal, Algared nods then speaks (silently wishing Jurri was present and speaking rather than him).

"Indeed we alone could not stand, but remember we trekked through the hills the last two days, and we know the Storzer drew off the baulk of the force. Our goal was to come to the aid of our kinsmen and friends. We have achieved that goal.

The Daas sent Jurri to the Kings court. We were among those who with Kugald brought news from Pelyn that the clans would march. The Clans will come, though with the King's murder the clans were delayed... But they will come and in all likelihood we will find they have arrived in Ygesdram while we marched.

Ibanvaal wants to delay the clans they have achieved that... but we hold the passage the Dagaan would take. The losses and pains we suffer are great but we gain greater glory and honour with our lord Sarajin and Menglana anfwe show that our clans while they may not be considered the greatest clans in Menglana will stand against this agressor. and so I say we show that our clans are amongst the greatest.

But rest assured soon we will be standing not only with the Daas and the remnants of clan Storzer we will stand with the hosts of Menglana."


Last edited by Algared on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : duplication of text making the text confusing.... cuses upon the Ipod)
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Bjarni listens to Algared's theory and adds his own. "Horse shit. It will be every clan for themselves. Who is the King anyway? The old King is dead but has one of his sons taken the throne or someone else? Whoever they are, they will be too busy making their throne secure to worry about this arse end of the kingdom."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 am

With Nolomar high in the sky and the midday meal taken, clansmen begin to leave the clanhouse and make their way to the north of the thran. They inform your warband that they will be attending the funerals of the warriors taken yesterday.

Stepping outside you find that the day is still warm, with a light wind blowing in from the south east, the mist is still lingering about but a clear blue sky is visible above.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Algared also heads out to attend the funerals of those killed in the fighting. He still feels the loss of his friend deeply.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:53 am

[This post is a little late -sorry]

When the food is served Barak states that, circumstances permitting, he will go hunting tomorrow to see if he can add anything to the pot. He gosn't expect to find much near the thran now; after the siege and battle. He nods when Bjarni speaks but dosn't join in the conversation. Barak joins Algared at the funerals.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Your warband leaves its clanhouse and moves outside the thranaal, there you see a huge number of warriors going about their business, while a much smaller number of locals as they too go about their daily business.

It seems as if the mourners are beginning to gather about the burials and cremations, you spot Meldun standing to the north of the thran quite some distance off, he stands before a huge number of dead, judging by the lack of other attendants it would seem that this group are the Ibanvaal dead being prepared for their passing. Bjarni can be seen standing closer to the thran, he stands before a large number of single pyres and funeral cairns, judging by the number of mourners that have started to gather it would seem that he lies the resting places of the Daas and Daaslund warriors.

The day continues to be remain hot, Nolomar now just starting its descent into the west. beats down upon the growing number of mourners and those that are moving about the thran attending its business. By this time of day the mist has mostly disappeared only a low thin mist remains hugging the ground around the feet of those about the thran. The blue sky remains visible above as there is not a cloud above to be seen. The wind picks up as a steady wind continues to blow in from the south.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

[Unless something exceptional happens, Barak will just go about the normal business of the thran - mourning the fallen, helping with clanhouse chores, eating, sleeping... if appropriate Barak will carry his shield and spear as a sign of respect to the dead.]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Bjarni pauses by the funeral pyres and ponders that there will be a lot of widows needing comforting this year.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 am

Algared attends the funerals, and spends time watching the smoke smoke rise to the heavens from the Daas funerals. "Feast well my friends, and fight for Sarajin this day before his halls." Nearer Thorin's pryr Algared mutters quietly "I wish I could have done more for you my friend." He makes his way slowly to each of the pryrs and graves to pay his respects before going to with Meldun for a while to pay respect to their fallen foes as well.

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  GM on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 am

From anywhere about the thran first one column of smoke can be seen rising its plume of smoke heading skyward as it pushes north away from the thran, the first is soon followed by a second, then a third and then a fourth until the northern sky is fully obsucred by the thick screen of grey smoke rising into the afternoon sky.

The fires burn for about a quarter watch before the fuel collapses into itself, the fires continue to burn for about another quarter watch or so before the smoke plumes subside enough to allow the sky behind to be seen, the fires continue to smoulder well into the night.

Later this afternoon while moving about the thran you hear Jnel Jaldson a journeyman clothier from the thran of Namjen in Daaslund that the scouts to the west have been pushed back by the Dagen's men, it would seem the Storzar has lost the fight and now the Dagen is intent on renewing the siege of Abderheim. The Dagen should be here within the hour!
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Algared on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:07 am

Whether or not the report is accurate, Algared will gather his companions before deciding he needs to attempt to to cast "Azure hand" on his wounds. He will find a relatively out the way area and uses full cant and body movements. If the Dagans men are retreating back rather than returning after victory then there is still likely to be a fight either way they need to be ready.

"If the Dagaan had been victorious then why not just push forward and take Ygesdram, maybe he retreats because the Clans arrived, since we marched, and now he has decided to reduce his line of march and prevent a enemy in his back stopping his line of retreat." Algared says to the news, and silently prays that is the case.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum