From Across the Water
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 Saraju 720

+3
Barak Daas
Algared
GM
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

17 Saraju 720 - Page 2 Empty Re: 17 Saraju 720

Post  Barak Daas Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:26 pm

When Barak hears the call to muster, he goes to retrieve all of his gear and arm himself before he goes to meet up with Algared. Whilst moving about the thran does he note everyone bustling with activity, or is the settlement quiet?

When Algared goes in for "full cant and gestures", Barak will retreat and watch from afar, interested to see if he'll collapses in a heap or disappears in a puff of steam, or some such...

Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 am

There appears to be little in the way of extra activity about the thran that you can see. It is a quite a good wait before Algared has completed his magiks, before he makes himself presentable to the others.

While you are waiting you still do not see any other warriors beginning to muster. Life about the thran continues on as normal.

As Algared returns to his companions your warband is found by Sweld Storzar a huscarl from the Daas household. "Cunate has received word from our scouts to the west, it would seem that the Storzar warband has been defeated by the Dagen's men. The scouts report that the Dagen's men will be upon us by tomorrow, the Daas does not wish to engage the Dagen here and so he wants although those leaving Abderheim to be ready to march by Nolomar rise on the morrow" he waits briefly for a reply before heading off towards other clanhouses and warriors to pass the word....

Post by GM
When Algared goes in for "full cant and gestures", Barak will retreat and watch from afar, interested to see if he'll collapses in a heap or disappears in a puff of steam, or some such...
Laughing
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 am

"Thankyou Sweld." Algared says, "We will be ready." Approaching the Huscarl Algared rests his hand on his shoulder, in a friendly fashion, "I am sure you father is alright, as I recall he planned to draw off the main host so that we could break the seige." Algared isnt trying to gather extra information, he recalls Sweld's reaction when he was concerned that the Daas wouldn't march to his father's aid several months ago and wishes to offer what comfort and reassurance he can. "who knows, mayhap the other great clans have arrived in Ygesdram since we marched and the Daagans force is withdrawing to shorten their supply line... if they had truely defeated your your father then I would have thought marching on Ygesdram would have seemed more logical... I am no strategist my friend, but I'm sure your father and kin are fine."

Last edited by Algared on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:44 am

Barak Daas wrote:When Barak hears the call to muster, he goes to retrieve all of his gear and arm himself before he goes to meet up with Algared. Whilst moving about the thran does he note everyone bustling with activity, or is the settlement quiet?

Bryndis will also gather all of her gear, ready to march at a moments notice.
Having experienced weirdness around Algared's magiks before, Bryndis will also stand well away from his workings... wary of stray whirlwinds.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:55 pm

"So, Algared, I guess we should stand-down from this muster?" Barak asks.

Whatever the response, Barak will keep all his gear on him, half expecting the Scout's estimate to be wrong and for the Storzar to be on them faster than expected.

"It may be wise to sleep outside the thranaal tonight" he opines "the last thing we want is to be couped up within the ramparts if the Ibanvaal host gets here faster than expected."

"Maybe we should volunteer to Thaldris to scout out the Ibanvaal advance. I'd be happier seeing if for myself. Or better yet, we could check out our route of retreat through the foothills and woods. We don't want to find that the Dagen has out guessed Cunate and that there is a Ibanvaal force blocking our way back to Ygresdram."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 pm

"I am with Barak on this," Bjarni says. He will gather all his gear, as it is, and be ready to move off. He will also get some food and bung it in a sack.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Borygg Raal Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Borygg nods his head in agreement and gets his gear ready to go. He'll join Bjarni in trying to secure some food.
Borygg Raal
Borygg Raal

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm

"Bryndis, it appears our companions have itchy feet." Algared chuckles and then nods. "My shoulder still ails me but my other wounds don't bother me anymore, and the rest of you don't appear to be hampered by wounds. However if we are moving out and you suffer any wound it would be better to let me wash the wound first.

Since you all seem keen, we can offer to start our rear guard activities a little earlier... and being out side will be a boon if they arrive earlier than expected.

I will track down or Cunate if possible and make our offer, given the task we will our offer may be declined.. If we have today before we march again we should also spend what time we have preparing equipment and the like..."

Algared will then seek out Thaldirs or the Daas to make the offer. He will take the opportunity to hand over the sticks explaining where they were found.
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:48 pm

While Algared is out a warrior enters the clanhouse, he wears the white tabbard emblazoned with black raven indicating he is one of the mercenary soldiers hired by the Daas. He stands just over 6' in height with fair complexion, his average looks are highlighted with his blonde long hair and beard, several scars run down his face.

He enters the room and after speaking briefly with Kalise he calls out for Algared Daas.

Barak is the first to stand and greet him telling the warrior that Algared is not here but gone to speak with the Daas but should be back soon. The warrior introduces himself as Svardkell Holg a former mercenary and that the Daas has asked him to join with Algared and his band to support them during their move to Ygesdram on the morrow.

Soon the warband and Svardkell are sitting about sharing stories and chatting amiably when Algared returns from his wanderings.

Algared returns from speaking with Thaldirs and heads towards the longhouse of Clan Haal. Upon reaching the clanhouse Algared speaks with Kalise when she has a moment, in the meantime he looks arounf the crowded longhouse. When he speaks with Kalise he spoke looking around and gives her his attention. “Kalise, can you tell me if Svardkell Holg has arrived here. I am told he is looking for my small band.”

Kalise points towards your companions and for the first time you notice the warrior sitting with your companions sharing an ale.

Algared waits patiently for Kalise to answer… or point him out.
GM
GM
GM

https://menglana.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:25 pm

"Thankyou, Kalise" Algared says then joins his companions.
"Thaldirs said the Daas had sent you to find me... I am Algared." Algared says in greeting as he extends a hand in greeting.

He turns to other members of the band and says,
"Thaldirs tells me our scouts report the Ibanvaal force are expected here midmorning, and given the lateness of the day and our task in guarding the rear. He would prefer we rest tonight. I am sure our friend would welcome the rest as well.. But I we will want to have ourselves ready early."

Algared let's the new warrior tell his tale.

Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Svardkell accepts Algared's hand in greeting.

"The Black Carrion Mercenary company is no more. We were wiped out earlier today by Ibanvaaler horsemen. I have no where else to go, but the Daas has mentioned your small band of warriors and asked that I join your rear action. I am nothing if not a warrior and I have accepted his duty on my honor. I guess we shall see where Fate takes us."

"I was left for dead on the road and was stripped of my chainmail and axe. Is there anyway I may go about borrowing or replacing those items? I'm much more effective when wrapped in my instruments of war."

*OOC* - Neil, would there be any equipment or money left from what the Black Carrion members had in the Thran? Also, do I still have my sword?

Last edited by Svardkell Holg on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:11 pm

"So much for our discussion about joining the Black Carrion" laughs Barak, but more seriously adds "Though I am sorry for your loss."

"Some of us would welcome mail and war axes, and we have found none. I wish you luck in your search. You may find that without armour or shield then you will just have to practice your dodging. We maybe able to find you a sword or hand axe and a shield though."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Bjarni rumages in his hear and hands over a hand-axe that he looted earlier. "Here, I would probably only cut myself with it anyway. Where are you from, friend," Bjarni asks, trying to place the accent of the new man.
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Svardkell waves away the hand axe.

"I hail from Gelemaar in Endelby, but I left there long ago. I have since travelled in Mercenary companies across Harn, Menglana, Orbaal, and other lesser places. Nothing like being in Ivinian lands though, as the mead and women can attest to. The only thing I like about the lands to the south is their gold and silver."
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

"Well there is fuck all gold or silver here. Unless we find a horde all we are likely to earn here is that," Bjarni points to the fading smoke of the pyres. "So you have been to Orbaal. I hail from there. I miss it."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:32 pm

"I have acquaintance with Hamall Karolaan son of the Valhakar in Vaagel, and one of my old friends from early mercenary days Arngrim Birg retired to Zynholm in Geldeheim. I like the place, I always enjoyed fighting there."

Svardkell's lip curls into a grin.

"What I need to do is get myself back onto the water in a Dragonship. The only way to earn good coin is to take it yourself these days."

Svardkell takes a sip of ale to moisten his throat.

Last edited by Svardkell Holg on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Algared Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Algared sighs at Bjarni's lament, and replies with a chuckle, "Bjarni is your tankard half empty again? You came to assist in a war to defend your grandsires homeland....

Anyway Svardkell, as Barak says we are short mail armour, though we did aquire a broadsword which we had yet to find a home for and I'm sure we can aquire a spear and shield as well.

I am more more comfortable with a quill and a parchment than with a spear and shield. Though I will fight to protect my friends, companions and homeland. As for the others Bryndis is a shieldmaiden, Bjarni a fisherman both of them hail from the isle of Harn. Borryg comes from Storzarlund and seeking leave to establish another mercantile in Ygesdram before he joined Barak and I after the winter and like Barak is more comfortable using a bow. Last and no means least is my cousin Barak,the swift. He is a hunter though he seems to excell at arms also. Though he would prefer to be using his bow. With the task we will have tomorrow I hope we will rely more upon ranged weapons to prevent pursuit than we do on our band using spear and shield.

As yet we have not lost any of our companions when we are together, our lord Sarajin, has seen fit to decline us the offer of feasting at his table so fate seems to like us at present."

Algared stops giving the others time to speak, and a little later asks,
"Svardkell, you have travelled far do you know different tongues and script."

[OOC sent from my IPod, my applogises for any errors]

Last edited by Algared on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Algared
Algared

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 pm

"What I need to do is get myself back onto the water in a Dragonship. The only way to earn good coin is to take it yourself these days."

"Aye, you are right there. I miss the whale road. These inland rivers and fjords are depressing."

"Bjarni is your tankard half empty again? You came to assist in a war to defend your grandsires homeland....

"My tankard is usually half full because I am from Orbaal and drink like a real man. I was hoping this war would be more profitable"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryndis Serewyn Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 pm

"As I'm much more comfortable with my sword, I think I can loan this to you," Bryndis will say as she places her battleaxe on the table. "Until you find a replacement, or retrieve your own," she adds with a glint in her eye.
Bryndis Serewyn
Bryndis Serewyn

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 pm

"Bjarni, I understand your lament; but you have mail, a bearskin cloak and a gold coin from your exploits with us. Svardkell by the looks of it has fared worse, since he has lost all, dispite being a member of a famous mercenary company. Personally, I don't think the gold is worth a lot here, no-one wants to handle such big money in these troubled times, but back in Orbaal I am sure it will be worth more than you'd get on a typical whaling trip. Brighten up, you may still come out of this adventure of yours better off than you started. We're heroes - even if only we know it at the moment." he smiles at that, then more somberly "Algared and I will probably see our hometown in flames; and Borygg has already seen his homeland captured by the Ibanvaal. You can still earn the money for the bride price, just it appears we need to rely on our own resources since the Daas' generosity is very thinly spread at the moment." clasping Bjarni on the shoulder, Barak continues with a smile "Be careful that you don't get a reputation for moaning like an old woman" pausing Barak then says "Anyway, all this talk of ale has made me thirsty."

A little later Barak says "Algared, is it worth seeing if there is any hospitality in the thraan? I understand that the Dagen won't be here before midday, but Svardkell's horsemen prove that we are not necessarily safe here and that the Dagan can move with speed and surprise."

Last edited by Barak Daas on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 pm

"Yes, this talk of horsemen is worrying me. Svardkeld, did they catch you in the open?"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Svardkell Holg Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Algared wrote:"Svardkell, you have travelled far do you know different tongues and script."

"I know a bit of the Harnic tongue and can speak a little Orbaalese as well."

Byndis wrote:"As I'm much more comfortable with my sword, I think I can loan this to you," Bryndis will say as she places her battleaxe on the table. "Until you find a replacement, or retrieve your own," she adds with a glint in her eye.

Svardkell reverently takes the axe and feels the heft of it in his hands.

"A fine weapon. I thank you kindly for the loan, and will take care of it as if it were my own."

Barak wrote:"Svardkell by the looks of it has fared worse, since he has lost all, despite being a member of a famous mercenary company."

"I fortunately only lost my Axe and Chain armour. All the rest of my gear was here in the Thran."

Bjarni wrote:"Yes, this talk of horsemen is worrying me. Svardkell, did they catch you in the open?"

"We were caught in the open by quite a few horsemen. We formed up our shieldwall and had the archers pepper them. We repulsed them several times before they broke us. I was slammed by a horse and knocked out cold, stripped and left for dead."

Svardkell Holg
Svardkell Holg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 pm

"I have never faced horsemen. You need lots of spears I hear, and shield's locked tighter than Algared's father's strongbox. You were lucky shipmate, lucky they didn't slit your throat."
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Barak Daas Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Svardkell Holg wrote:All the rest of my gear was here in the Thran."
"Hmm" says Barak "Does that mean all the rest of your company's gear is also here? And would you, as the last remaining member of that company, now be the legal owner of it all? If so, we should go and possess it, at least the valuables, before someone else has the same idea."
Barak Daas
Barak Daas

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Bjarni Daasen Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 am

"You have wisdom beyond your years Barak, I have always said so," Bjarni's eyes light up. "Svardkell, you might be a wealthy man"
Bjarni Daasen
Bjarni Daasen

Character sheet
Birthdate:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next