16 Sarajun 720

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:43 am

Beginning 1st watch - Mid 2nd watch

The wind changes direction during the night, blowing in from the northwest, the chill wind cuts through you as you sleep, your blankets struggle to keep you warm through the night and the warrior on watch pulls their cloak tightly about them to keep them warm.

The eastern sky begins to lighten indicating the start of a new day, the warband are awoken and they each go about their morning rountines.

A quick check on the thran and thranaal shows that with the start of new day there appears to be little out of the ordinary, the thranaal continues to maintain their defence while preparing for the coming day. Outside in the thran the Ibanvaal continues to watch the thranaal and there appears to be no immediate sign of an attack planned.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:01 am

"Well lads, what do you think? Where is Cunate and the host? I would have thought they would be here now."
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:21 am

[OoC: Are we waiting for someone to post, or for some activity to finish elsewhere]

"I agree I would have thought they would be here by now. We probably should retrace our route back until we find Algared. What say you Borygg?"
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 am

Waiting on Bryn and Algared to return...
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:53 am

<chhrrrp chhrrp>

"Are those crickets chirping?" asks Bjarni of Barak and Borygg.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 am

As you are deciding on your next move a group of four men approach from the south. They move well through the trees using them as cover and they are nearly upon your position before they are seen. Borygg recognises one of the men approaching as Korin Grebel (one of the trappers you were trying to build a friendship with to purchase furs and pelts from) they move closer to your position and greet each of you with a handshake.

In whispered tones the men advise you that your friends have joined the main host and they should be here in about a quarter watch or so....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 am

Barak invites the men to join them. "Are you here to join the watch?" he will ask "Nothing much seems to be going on at the thran, it looks like a normal day, for a siege".

[OoC: Does Barak know these trappers?]
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 am

Post by GMDue to your dislike of trappers and in particular your feelings for the Grebel clan you have had little to do with them as a result you know few members of the this clan. With their Valhakar dead and as far as you are aware no new Valhakar declared your knowledge of the Grebel clan is somewhat sparse

Three of the men are unfamiliar to your group, but they introduce themselves as Lyan Batheson, Kjarlis Arslen and Kvaari Larid. The fourth recognises Borygg and offers his hand in greeting. Korin readily takes Bjarni's hand and offers him a solid well met, but it seems that Korin knows of Barak and after a simple handshake offers him a somewhat sterner greeting.

Kjarlis replies to Barak saying "We are the lead scouts for the Daas warband, I expect they will be arriving soon. We bumped into two of your friends along the way. Algared and Bryndis bumped into us, that shieldmaiden certainly has some attitude I would hate to be the man to first bed her!!!"

Then he adds "If adding our strength to yours will lighten each of our burdens then I would suggest that is a good idea" with that the four men ease themselves out of their backpacks straps and assist in any way they can.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 am

By late afternoon the remainder of the Daas host has arrived. Cunate leads a small party forward to survey the thran and its surroundings. The wind has died down and blows steadily from the north. The air is chill and the day cool, the sky is mostly blue and Yael shines brightly above there is but a lone white cloud that inhabits the sky at this time and from the conditions there is no threat of any rain.

Before long Cunate returns from his vantage point and as he walks past you over hear him say to his advisors "We will go in a quarter watch" if what he was referring to was the attack on Abdreheim then there will be little time to prepare for this attack.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 am

When Algared and Bryndis return they join their companions, waiting with the rest for the whatever happens next. Algared greets his companions and the scouts as he sits down and spends a little time tending to his equipment.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 am

With Nolomar now in descent towards the western horizon Thaldirs approaches the warband "Well don't we have a job to perform!" as he nears your group he bids each of you a greeting "Cunate wants me to enter the thranaal and inform those besieged within that we are not another attack but a relief force he asked me to select a group of warriors to protect me in this endeavour" he pauses "I want those huscarls left to remain with the Daas to protect him and so I thought of you. Are you up for the challenge?" he asks.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Algared looks to his companions and back to Thaldirs, "We've no desire to join our lord Sarajin's feast just yet, "I would rather the huscarls protect our jarl as well, and since I think he will need your sword a while after today so you'll need some folk fool enough to go with you... And I think you may have found them." Algared smiles and stands, to his companions he adds, "someone has to keep Thaldirs company!"

Turning back to Thaldirs Algared asks "So what is the plan, for how we reach the gate and let the besieged know we are their relief force?"
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 am

Thaldirs smiles when Algared accepts this task "I knew you would take on this task" he says.

Thaldirs leans in a little closer to explain his plan "I have been and had a look at the thran and I suspect that the best plan is to make straight down the path towards the thranaal pushing past any Ibanvaalers that get in our road, that way we stay out of bowshot of the gatehouse and then hopefully we come into the dead zone near the wall. Once we are near the gatehouse I will draw the guards attentions while you all watch my back!" Thaldirs sits back once he as explained the plan.

"Any questions" he asks.....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 am

"Seems easy enough, when do we move? Any other questions or observations? Barak, Borryg and Bjarni you watched the besiegers for a few watches did you observe anything that would impede the plan?" Algared looks to his companions, and listens to any thoughts, questions and observations for Thaldir's before adding. "OK get ready, my friends we have a job to take care of."
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Smiling Barak says "The only problem I foresee is Thaldris keeping up with the rest of us."

Ceasing to smile he adds "That and the fact that there is a whole Ivanvaal army out there who will be happy to try and kill us once the message is delivered. I havn't see anyone drawn off by the Stozars. As to what we've seen there seems to be a routine where neither side provokes the other. I havn't seen any obvious weaknesses. The thranaal isn't as well guarded at the back so it may be easier to deliver a message there."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Thaldirs shakes his head once Barak has finished speaking "I thought of that option Barak, but the only way those inside can see outside is from the gatehouse and I don't fancy trying to draw someones attention through a gap in the pallisade. Those inside will in all likelyhood not see us outside if we approach from the rear and if they do see us the likely response to us being there will be a few vollies of arrows"

"The fact that there are only a few hundred warriors still laying the siege means that the Storzar has already drawn off the bulk of their forces, they are probably already doing battle as we speak or the battle has already been fought, there is no way to tell for now!"

Thaldirs then turns his head westward briefly before returning his gaze to Algared "Cunate wants the sun a little lower in the sky yet, to help blind the Ibanvaalers as we approach. We will let the Daas warband lead the way - they intend to drive east closer to the river to prevent the Ibanvaalers from fleeing and getting word out that we have arrived."

"We will give the warband a lead of several heart beats and then follow!"
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:22 am

"Oh well, another chance at death or glory lads," says Bjarni. "I am ready"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 am

Thaldirs claps the big man (Bjarni) on the left shoulder "No time for death today, we have to much to do!" with that the aged huscarl stands and says "I have a few minor things to attend to and I shall be back, by then Nolomar should be just above the horizon and ready for our attack"

With that the man turns and heads off into the trees, he is quickly consumed by the trees and other warriors that are resting nearby.

(If you have any futher questions to ask - post away as if Thaldirs was still with you)
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 am

Glad for the chance of some action, Borygg readies his gear and checks his weapons in preparation for leaving.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:21 am

Bryndis prepares herself for the impending fighting.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Unsheathing your weapons and hoisting shields up you ready yourself for the coming battle. About the others of the warband begin to move about as they move closer to the stream.

Eventually Thaldirs rejoins your group "Nearly time to go!" he says as he draws forth a sword and unslings his own shield.

You move east slowly creeping through the trees from cover to cover. When you have a glimpse of the thran Thaldirs calls you to wait. The Daas warband can be seen pushing through the trees closer to the stream. Tension builds as the warriors prepare for the coming fight, your mouths begin to dry and your senses tingle with anticipation.

Just before the Daas warriors break from the cover of the trees, a bell begins to ring from the thranaal gatehouse, your ears immediately turn your heads toward the sound and your eyes search through the trees and it seems as if those besieged inside the thranaal have called the alarm to the rescue force.

Thaldirs says in calm voice "Hold for now, hold for now" as he watches the Daas warband surge forth from the cover of the trees, each of you are chewing at the bit to get involved but Thaldirs reigns you in "Not yet!" he says and then with urgency in his voice he says in a louder tone "Follow Me!" as he begins to move through the trees towards the path leading to the thranaal gates.

Meanwhile the Daas warriors have just started to appear from the trees and are now approaching the western field boundary of the centremost field....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:46 am

Bjarni trots next to Thaldirs. He has his shield ready and a spear in his hand. His maul is slung on his back.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 57
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:41 am

Barak will attempt to stroll nonchalantly along with spear and shield in each hand, whilst keeping up with the rest.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 am

Algared with his spear and shield readied steps out and endeavours to keep pace with Thaldirs. As he encourages his friends to remain focussed on the task but to remain together.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Sword and shield at the ready, Bryndis follows Thaldirs and her companions, watching for any sign that they have been spotted.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum