16 Sarajun 720

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 am

Barak Daas wrote:[OoC: I am assuming any 'treasure' is being shared by the group and hence it dosn't matter who carries what initially]

[OoC - ...Yeah....something like that Smile Bjarni wants a new pair of boots.]
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Bryndis Serewyn wrote:If Borygg doesn't show interest in the broadsword, Bryndis will hold onto it.. inspecting it for battle damage, and keeping it close to hand in case another fight breaks out and it's needed. Wink
Borygg has no interest in the broadsword. He has no skill in such weapons, preferring to simply bash things with a club or mace.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 am

There are growing number of warriors leading their prisoners towards the thranaal. With Bryn standing guard it seems the shieldmaiden has become the first of the guards to be volunteered to watch over them. Warriors continue to file up towards the thranaal with prisoners until there are about three score prisoners standing about. Most are wounded and were probably not able to outrun their pursuers, others seem to unhurt and probably had their line of retreat cut off and so surrendered.

It seems as if about another three score of Ibanvaal warriors have successfully made their escape across the stream and safety to the east. The Daas has sent a group of warriors off to the east to continue the pursuit to prevent them from rallying against the Daas warband.

A look about the battlefield shows that over a hundred warriors are dead, dying or to wounded to aid themselves. The din of battle dies off as the fight continues to the east as the moans and cries from the wounded echo across the field replacing the clash of steel on steel.

Currently Algared is inside the thranaal awaiting treatment for his wounds, Bjarni is scouring the battlefield in search of loot, while Barak, Borygg and Bryn stand near the thranaal with Bryn watching over the group of prisoners.

Lone warriors move about the field in search of missing kin. others check on the bodies scattered about the field. At this point there is little in the way of looting going on as the battlefield is secured, the wounded aided and the enemy either brought up to be guarded if they are able or dispatched if they are not.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Barak looks at Bryndis looking every inch a fully-armed shieldmaiden in her element...

He then quietly says to Borygg "Bryndis looks a bit tied up at the moment", he smiles at his attempt at a joke, "But I am concerned there may be Ibanvaal warriors hiding in the thran itself. There are lots of houses and I bet that is where the senior warriors were quartered; remember we could see them mustering in the thran square when we were spying on them from the woods. I think we should check it out."

To Brydis he says discretely, "Are you coming too, or staying here to guard?"

Assuming he has the agreement of Borygg and/or Bryndis, he will then head of for the thran.

[OoC: that is travelling towards the top of the 'page' in the map of the thran, which IIRC is west.]

He will check out the buildings round the market square checking for Ibanvaal or their gear. He has no plans to loot the possessions of the legitimate, Daas, occupants. However, if there are obvious Ibanvaal valuables left in the hurry to quit the field, he'll happily "impound" them.
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Borygg Raal on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Borygg nods in agreement with Barak's plan and follows him to the thran.
avatar
Borygg Raal

Posts : 409
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 52
Location : St. Louis

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:50 pm

As Algared waits he watches and looks at the arriving wounded. He considers casting Azure hand on his wounds but decides that he riskis too great given that he would need to find a secluded spot and may collapse from the strain his wounds and casting may cause. He tries To judge how hard pressed the healers are and how bad his wounds are compared to the majority gathering. He is trying to determine how serious he wounds are compared to others.

Post by GM The number of wounded continues to increase as you wait inside the clanhouse. You have heard from those recently arriving that the battle has been won, the Ibanvaalers are retreating towards Storzarlund. With the battle won the number of wounded being brought into the thranaal rises sharply.

Compared to your wounds there are those that appear to be less injured while there are others who have fewer but more severe injuries and those again that have multiple serious wounds that need treatment
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Barak Daas wrote:To Bryndis he says discretely, "Are you coming too, or staying here to guard?"

Bryndis is torn between the need to secure the thran from any hiding invaders, and the need to guard the already captured.
If it looks like she can delegate the guarding to others, she will go with Barak and Borygg, but if she cannot delegate to someone who appears fit for the responsibility, she knows that Barak and Borygg are certainly capable of taking care of themselves.

As for the prisoners themselves, Bryndis will have them sit down in small groups, and whether she stays or goes, will find at least a half dozen others to help her guard them.


[Are all of the prisoners bound? or have some been held "on their honor". And if there are 60+ prisoners, Bryndis will DEFINITELY need help guarding them all!!!]

Post by GM It would seem that more than half of the prisoners have been bound, but about a score or so at your best guess seem to unbound. All have been stripped of arms which (thanks to Barak) have been placed in pile some 30' away, but all have been stripped of their armour with all of the prisoners dressed in woollen shirts and leggings.
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 pm

If there are not enough people to guard the prisoners then Barak will reluctantly stay and not say anything...
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:49 am

While Bryn, Barak and Borygg watch the prisoners there are finally enough Daas warriors milling about to form a reasonable guard for the prisoners. Barak shrugs his shoulders and whispers that they might now be free to secure the rest of the thran.

Heading towards the market square you pass by several other groups of Daas warriors that have the same idea. Finding Bjarni standing over a group of Ibanvaal dead and wounded he seems to be pondering a greater idea when you approach. Having the same idea as you he joins up with you and heads towards the market square. Nearing the market square you see that the meadhall already has Daas searching the buildings, the small group of buildings to the south east of the square appear to be devoid of Daas as you approach.

You also notice that dotted about the meadow as you see numerous old fire pits. Indicating that a much larger garrison had the small thranaal besieged at some time.

Entering the main clanhouse, the buildings appear empty, but otherwise not unlike any other clanhouse, the coals burn in the hearth, the furnishings appear undisturbed, but on closer inspection it looks like the building was used to house a small number of Ibanvaal warriors.

Searching the main clanhouse you find the belongings of seven inhabitants that are not the original owners. Searching through these belongings you find personal belongings for each including comb, razor and the like along with:
180d
4 oz gold
a silver ring
ivory broach adorned with 5 amber stones app (looks to be worth about 1200d)
3 very old looking wooden sticks with an unknown language inscribed
a small wooden flute
a solid red cylinder about 10" long and 2" in dia
a bearskin cloak

Searching the out buildings you find the smaller one to be a privy, while the larger building is a workroom with numerous herbs and such hanging from the rafters, clay pots and bowls are stacked along numerous shelves. A small table is in the centre of the room with a small stool at one end. It would seem that this building has been searched several times at least and already cleared of anything of value.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:41 am

Amongst the personal possessions do we find any boots that will fit Bjarni? Barak will look out for any other clothes that look like they may fit him.

Having discovered that there are no Ibanvaal to be found, Barak joins the others in gathering up the byti. When done he suggest that they find Algared and see how he is doing.

[OoC: I suspect dividing that loot fairly amongst five shall be fun. BTW as far as I am concerned Barak is still carrying two shortswords and encrouterments.]

[OoC 2: what material does the red cylinder appear to be made from? Ceramic, stone, leather, painted wood...?]

Post by GM The cylinder is made of an unknown type of crystal
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 am

Bjarni doesn't mind hacksilver. "These bastards burnt everything I own except for what I am standing up in. I do not even have a cloak any more." Bjarni will rummage around until he finds some tunics and pants that fit him as well. If he has to trade for them from someone else then am happy to do that.

Post by GM Better wait and see what you have got to trade with first Twisted Evil
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

With the other clanhouses and outbuildings now crawling with Daas warriors in search of Ibanvaal warriors and loot from the fleeing warriors, you decide to search for Algared.

Heading back up towards the thranaal you pass through the gatehouse and Bjarni leads your warband towards the clanhouse where he left Algared. Entering the clanhouse you find a healer standing over a wounded warrior who is yelling in pain from a serious wound to his chest. The healer is bathed in the blood of his patients and women bring sawdust to put on the floor under his feet to absorb the blood. Discarded bandages and cloth litter the floor and numerous casualties are placed about the room waiting their turn on the table.

There is no sign of Algared, after asking several young lads, you are finally able to determine that he had been moved after his wounds had been treated, locating the new clanhouse you enter to find Algared seated on the floor near the hearth fire resting.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 pm

"Typical - you scholars are always lying around when there is real work to do," Bjarni teases Algared, but asks with some seriousness "Are you hurt bad?"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Bjarni Daasen wrote:"Typical - you scholars are always lying around when there is real work to do," Bjarni teases Algared, but asks with some seriousness "Are you hurt bad?"

"The stomach and shoulder wound were considered serious seemingly taking forever for them to clean and dress the calf wound while painful didnt seem as bad. As for lying around they have not long finished treating the wounds... it seemed to take an age for them to take care of Thorin... and from watching them treat him, extracting the arrow would have been beyond my skills as a Physician... So apart from that bundle of fur how did we do?" before anyone can answer Algared says... "Lets check, on Thorin then move out of here. They will be in need the space for the more serious cases soon enough. We can find a quiet place to sit and rest and let you tell me how our little band has fared... the question is what the Daas and Storzar do.. I want to see if there are any boats on the beach.. if the Daas intends to leave here as originally planned he may be able to evacuate the seriously wounded by river."

Algared we try to rise and ask for help if the simple task is to difficult.
avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:41 am

Algared rises and moves gingerly towards the clanhouse door the wound to his calf hampering his movements now that the thrill of the battle has subsided, his backpack hangs over one shoulder as the other will not currently take the weight of his pack. Standing upright causes the wound to his stomach to ache so he walks stooped like an old man.

Leaving the clanhouse you enter the central square of the thranaal, amid a hive of activity as warriors move about on their own business, animals run hither and yon about the thranaal as humans push through them on their own business. Families have begun to move out of the thranaal and back into their own clanhouses, women and children are carrying small chest (probably the family valuables) and herding small groups of animals down the hill, chickens, geese, goats, sheep and cows make up the majority of the animals.

Finding Thorin laid up on a staw mattress his neck heavily bandaged, blood seeps through the bandages, while Thorin labours to breathe a rasping sound is heard every time his chest rises and falls. Asking one of the nearby women who seem to be tending the wounded you ask after your friend "I fear the Grey Slayer may yet take him soon" she says softly.

Entering the thranaal once again you find Cunate in discussion with another warrior and from his bearing is probably the Valhakar of clan Abder the holders of this thran. A small entourage stands about the two men including Thaldirs.

Making your way towards the thranaal gatehouse you are now able to breathe in the view, it now comes to your attention that dotted about the meadow are small fire pits and areas of flattened grass indicating that there was once a larger garrison laying siege to this thran. The debris of battle is slowly being cleared from the field as warriors determine friend from foe, sort out equipment that has been dropped, broken or simply lost during the fight.

What was once a lifeless thran now teems with activity, There are the Daas warriors now moving about the thran in search of loot, a place to rest and eat or carrying out various other tasks. Families are returning to their clanhouses to inspect their holdings to see what sort of condition the Ibanvaalers have left them in.
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:48 am

Having found his friend Thorin in such a state, Algared tries to determine if he could attempt Azure hand without removing the bandages of his friend. He reaches for his bowl and water flask. "I may be able to help him." Algared says quietly, almost to himself. Algared ponders I wonder, could I cast Azure Hand through the bandages and disguise it as giving him a drink of water? At least it would either speed his journey to the slayers feast or help him recover. In my current state could I even succeed.

Then again I should speak with my Valhaker or Thaldirs, I dont want to incur the wrath of either the guild or my valhaker for either excessive magics or none. Though my injuries will hamper my efforts, I'd be better off trying to heal myself first. "Physician heal thyself," I can almost hear them saying."




avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bryndis Serewyn on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am

GM wrote:Algared rises and moves gingerly towards the clanhouse door the wound to his calf hampering his movements now that the thrill of the battle has subsided, his backpack hangs over one shoulder as the other will not currently take the weight of his pack. Standing upright causes the wound to his stomach to ache so he walks stooped like an old man.

Bryndis will take Algared's pack from him, to ease his burden and not prolong additional pains.
She'll follow the group around in their inspections and inquiries. Not knowing too many of these people very well (besides those she currently travels with), she will keep to her own thoughts.

[OoC: I can't recall if Bryndis received any wounds in the battle... but how is her hand fairing?]
avatar
Bryndis Serewyn

Posts : 171
Join date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Barak takes the pipes and tosses them a few times in his hand before saying to no one in particular "How hard can these be to play" then putting them to his lips he begins to play a familiar tune, the notes sound clear and the tune pleasant. Barak continues to play for a few moments as the tune carries about the thranaal. Lowering the pipes from his lips Barak looks at the pipes and then his companions "It seems a lot easier than I thought it would be!"

avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Bjarni takes his gold coin. He has never seen one of these before. "It is a beauty, is it not?" he asks no-one in particular. When he sees Algared fussing over Thorin and looking all comtemplative, he makes his excuses and suddenly finds he is needed urgently somewhere else.
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:01 am

As the party sit in a relatively quiet place, appraising and dividing their loot Algared says quietly to the group, "These sticks Zeoul may be able to decipher, but he was last with Storzar."

avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Once discussions on the loot have completed...

"As much as it is nice to sit here, there is work to be done." Barak gets up "Algared you had best stay here, you are two weak to move much and need your rest. As for those sticks, I've heard you can send secret messages using sticks. If you put them side by side Algared do they make a message? Perhaps you can figure out their meaning whilst we go and help secure the thran."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  GM on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 pm

The red and orange hues of the the evening sky are turning to deep blues and purples as the light fades fast bringing on the night. The weather has not improved any as a stiff wind has picked up as it blows in from the north putting a chill into an already cold evening.

Barak, Borygg, Bryn and Bjarni turn their attentions to making sure the thran is secured but as they make their way towards the market they note that all the buildings are now occupied not only their original owners but by any number of Daas warriors seeking shelter from the weather. After several discussions it becomes apparent that a watch has already been posted along both roads.

In other conversation with Daas warriors you are able to find out that two days ago there were some 4,000 besiegers laying siege to Abderheim before they pack up most of their force and headed towards Jeinmark, leaving a small garrison of some 200 - 300 warriors behind.

You also find Thaldirs moving about the thran and he informs you that the Valhakar of clan Abder (the holders of this thran) will not be leaving when the Daas departs, his clan and a few others too will remain behind to seek peace with the Dagen. Cunate will not be able to support him, nor will he be able to hold the thranaal should the Dagen return. The Daas has conceded and allowed the Valhakar to seek peace terms. The Daas will be staying a day or two (read as long as possible) before moving the wounded out then the main host will make their way back along the path to Ygesdram. Your warband will make up the rear guard as previously discussed.

So it seems that the Daas will be here for at least two days....
avatar
GM
GM

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2008-08-02

View user profile http://menglana.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Barak Daas on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm

'Boy, that day went fast', thinks Barak to himself. He takes stock of their situation...

Post by GM Remember the attack on the thran did not take place till late afternoon so that the defenders would have the evening sun in their eyes

[OoC: Where has Algared ended up? Is he in a clan house? If so, is there room for us as well, or are we sleeping it rough again? By preference, if not in a clanhouse, Barak would want to be sleeping in the Thranhall compound. Now they are back with the army, is Cunate providing food for everyone, or is it everyone for themselves?]

Post by GM Apparently Algared has returned to the thranaal in the hopes of finding a 'comfortable' place to sleep for the night.

"At least we will be able to have a hot meal tonight" Barak says, as he starts to organise his gear for the night and seeing what they can get to eat tonight.

After eating when it quietens down for the night, Barak say to the rest of the band "Do you think the Dagen will be back before we leave? If so, what chance do you think we will end up being trapped hear under siege? I imagine this thran has very little food left, and there is no one to releave us."
avatar
Barak Daas

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Letchworth, UK

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Algared on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Once left alone Algared made his way back to the Thranall in search for a place he and companions could rest that was relatively sheltered. Sitting outside in the cold was not Algared's idea of a restful place. At least in the Thranall the walls will provide a wind break if nothing else.

Once reunited with his companions he spends some time talking. In answer to Barak, he says "The Dagan will be back, when and from where is the question. It will also be dependent on two things I think. First will be whether the Storzer defeated the Ibanvaal forces he drew off from here. If that force has been destroyed it may be some time before he can attack. However any main attack will likely come from the direction of Storzarland and that will be determined by when he finds out the seige has been lifted. I'd not want to be among the wounded or anyone here when he does take the place. You remember his threats to those that opposed him."



avatar
Algared

Posts : 1567
Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 51
Location : Sydney

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Bjarni Daasen on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 pm

"Getting stuck here would be a bad idea. If the valhakar of this place is now free to make peace with the Dagen, the Dagen has a base. His price for Abderheim remaining in Clan Abder hands will be fealty. We will be fighting these same men we helped liberate in a few weeks I suspect. What Cunate should do is burn this thran to the ground"
avatar
Bjarni Daasen

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 56
Location : -39.863904,175.288741 Google Maps Coords.

Character sheet
Birthdate:
Occupation:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 16 Sarajun 720

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum